The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
1,044 Interview Reviews

2.8

Analyst, Research & Insights Interview

Interview

The Advisory Board Company process includes a lot of behavioral questions at the beginning, and then case interview questions towards the end. Would recommend a lot of practice with case interview questions. Also make sure to familiarize yourself with the company's mission

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

They set up a preliminary phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter would then pass the summary of the phone interview to the hiring manger who would decide if they wanted an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• The asked about experience managing infrastructure projects.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in August 2017.

Interview

I applied to a different position but they wanted me to interview for their Sales Associate role as well based on my past work experiences, but then at the end I was told I wasn't fit for that role (which is why I didn't apply to it in the first place.) That was a little frustrating but overall the interview process was not too difficult and I really enjoyed the people I talked to. They ask a lot of behavioral type questions and I got the feeling they were looking for specific types of answers.

Interview Questions

• What's one thing you think you'll excel at with this job and one thing you'll need to work on?   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Recruiter recommended a different position than I applied for, and I scheduled a phone screen for the following week. I did a ton of preparation and was actually excited to work for a company for once. The call went extremely well. I talked about my community service, which was very important according to the recruiter and reviews here. It could not have gone any smoother. However a week later I got the standard rejection email. Unreal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an Excel project, what is your biggest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Intervied on campus with an awesome recruiter who I absolutely loved. Very basic interview questions. Invited to an onsite super day (but was far shorter than others I had been to). When we first arrived, had lunch with a current MA, then had a brief presentation on the company and service (which they care about highly). I recommend asking questions to show you're engaged. Next you will either go into your 1-1 with a manager and a 2-1 with more seasoned employees. Next you have a tour and see the awesome terrace! Overall a great day. Decided not to take the job because of the salary, although they offered me the top of the range listed here.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a brief phone screening that last a few minutes. Pretty basic screening. Followed up by a face to face interview that last a few hours. What separates you from the other candidates?

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a short, 15 minute interview. She was very nice. Role is described as cold and warm calling mostly. You are there to generate revenue and have monthly sales goals. Said I would hear back next week. Appreciated how forthcoming she was about what the role entailed. It's not so glamorous cold calling, but the salary is decent for entry level.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me what experience have qualified you for this role?   Answer Question

Associate Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Birmingham, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple Questions about my work and educational background. I felt like they were not interested in what I was saying, but proceeded to keep me on the phone for at least 20 minutes.

Junior Analyst, Sales Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview. I was then called and spoke to a hiring manager for about 30 minutes. It was a brief call in order to get a better understanding of the candidate based on the resume submitted.

Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online, got email from recruiter in a few weeks. The recruiter seemed a bit unexcited from the start of the call but I believe she thought I was under qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer