The Advisory Board Company Analyst, Research and Insights Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Analyst, Research and Insights Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for an interview. Currently waiting for the response, but it seems like there is at least one more in-person interview after the initial screening.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your college?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward- asked about resume and research experience. Make sure to have a large research project in mind, specifically a qualitative research project. Also interested in why I am interested in health care, and why I picked my school

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their website and the next day was contacted by a recruiter. I quickly had my initial HR screening round. Just as other reviews say, this was very scripted. I was contacted within a few days I would have a second interview that would be a case interview and a written. I have completed that and am waiting to hear back about a third interview, which would be on-site

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed first interview and asked back for a second. The first one felt very scripted and the HR person did not really stray from the script except for at the end when I asked her questions of my own. They wanted to know about my research background and why I chose my school. Trying to schedule the second interview but have not really heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

First round: phone call from HR. Standard questions about why you chose your University, why you want to work at ABC. Second round one hour phone interview with behaviors questions and a case study, and a short timed writing test about considerations of hospitals merging. Third round in person case style interviews. They only schedule you for two interviews and if it goes well they will schedule you for a third one. Know if they tell you to stay after the first two interviews for a third, you have a good chance.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your university?
      What is your interest in healthcare?
      What are considerations when deciding to launch a new program?
      Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, had 2 employee referrals, had a phone interview later that week. The interview process is way too standardized. I applied as a person who is a current researcher who has been out of school for 2 years. The recruiter kept asking me questions about my experience at university (2 years ago) and nothing about my current job. All the replies to my questions were, "Great!" Not engaged at all. Very disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, tell me about your university and advice you would give them, walk me through a research project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and then was contacted for a phone interview. They emailed me about a week after i interviewed that I didn't get the job. I was worried a little bit because i had read on this site that the people interviewing were not very nice but the person contacted me online and seemed nice. I kind of stumbled on why i was interested in healthcare and thats why i suspect i didnt get an offer so just research and be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Large research project ive worked on
      Why the Advisory Board?
      Expand on why you have an interest in health care
      why did you choose your school and major
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

first round was a straight forward phone interview. second round was a case over the phone and a written case. third round was 3 cases. overall the process was not too bad, and all the interviewers were really nice. the office is great as well, and they do a good job of making sure to answer all your questions.

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online in November 2015 and received an email from HR inviting me to set up a phone interview a couple days later. A phone interview was set up for the following week. It lasted about 20 minutes overall and covered almost all of the generic interview questions that others have already described for this job title. As many others have mentioned, the interviewer definitely sounded scripted and gave generic responses like "great!" or "okay!" before moving on to the next question. I received an email rejection about one week later. Overall the process to set up the interview was impressively efficient. However, I was truly disappointed by the lack of engagement on the part of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Tell me about a research project you have worked on. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

While the company may be a wonderful place to work, (and I've heard great things), their recruiters and interview process are horribly disorganized and convoluted.

My first interview gave me my first clues. It involved a phone screen, where a recruiter asked me about my research experience and a long-term project I conducted. However, the day that it was initially scheduled, the recruiter just never called at our agreed-upon time. I waited an hour at my desk and did not receive the scheduled call. I had to reach out to them for any indication of what happened, and the recruiter didn't even talk to me--it was a different HR member, a second recruiter, who did not apologize or explain why I wasn't contacted, but simply asked to schedule the interview on another day, requiring me to make time I did not have (which is why I scheduled it for the first date!).

That interview was not difficult, and I was passed through to the next round. In an email from a THIRD recruiter, I was told my next set of phone interviews would be a writing exercise and a case interview: "The writing exercise and interview will be case style. I have attached a case interview document for your review." Furthermore, in all of the communications I had with the recruiter prior to this round, they attached a case interview preparation PDF, which I reviewed thoroughly before the interview. The 90-minute writing exercise asked me to write a one-page essay on what factors two hospitals should consider before merging into one health system. That was not particularly difficult. The day after was my "case" interview with a Practice Manager in the Healthcare division. Despite the fact I was told it would be a case, however, it was 60 minutes of more behavioral questions, which quite frankly caught me off guard slightly. I managed my way through that interview, and thanked both the recruiter and interviewer for their time, but also asked about the nature of the interview. I attempted to inquire about it in a non-inflammatory way, letting them know it was possibly my misunderstanding and asking if they could explain.

Both told me to "contact them should I have any questions". However, I did not hear back from the recruiter nor the interviewer, both of which I asked the question about my "case" interview. Two weeks later I received an automated email from their recruitment branch saying "After carefully reviewing all current openings for which you have been considered, I regret to inform you we will not be offering you a position with the firm at this time."

That was pretty disappointing. I understand that the firm is large and can't necessarily attend to individuals in the recruiting process, but I felt let down by that department, especially after two instances of disorganization which were not acknowledged. My advice to this firm would be to streamline and organize their recruiting process, because currently, you are not sending a good message with the existing processes.

I am sad to have gone through such a dragged out and convoluted process that did not demonstrate professionalism. It truly seemed like a great place to work, but that was soured by their incompetence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a long-term research project you did. What problems did you run into, if any?   Answer Question