The Advisory Board Company Associate Director/Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Associate Director/Director Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Associate Director/Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

This was one of the longest and most disappointing interview/recruiting processes I've gone through. Many red flags were raised during the process, but I was heavily invested and chose to ignore them. Lesson learned. I'd recommend following your gut instinct with this company.

After an employee referral, I received a telephone screening with HR. It was very thorough and discussed specific skills and experience, so be prepared to speak to your resume. I then embarked on a five-month process that involved eight hours of interviews, including one-on-one with the hiring manager, one-on-one interviews with other senior managers, lunch with hiring manager, and two writing exercises on separate occasions. On several occasions, the interviewer was late, and I waited almost an hour. I found the scheduling problems unprofessional and disrespectful, but I will say that I liked everyone I did meet.

Throughout the lengthy and involved process, I received the impression that I was the top candidate or at least on a very short list, and the hiring manager was merely stalling until she could nail down the hiring budget. Time and again, I expected to receive an offer, only to be stalled some more. Finally, I received a short, impersonal email from HR telling me that the position was not going to be filled at all.

I walked away with respect for the work of ABC and its people but an overwhelming feeling that I'd dodged a bullet if the dysfunctional hiring process was any indication.

Interview Questions

• Fairly standard behavioral questions. Speak to your resume and experience and know the work of ABC very well.   Answer Question