The Advisory Board Company Health Care Consultant, Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Health Care Consultant, Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I have applied a few times to the company, to be honest I'm not sure if they responded to an e-mail I sent to a recruiter when I got a name from a friend that worked there or if they responded to an application I put in online. I had a phone interview but it was right before a holiday, I heard back 1 week later and they set up a 3hr interview with 3 one on one's with separate people for that same week. They called me about 2hrs after and set up one more phone interview for the next day with the person that will be my boss, that was on a Friday and I got an offer early the next week.

The communication was great, they touched base throughout the process and were willing to work with me through some timing issues with leaving my previous company. Everyone was so helpful and the people that interviewed me were great about setting realistic expectations of the job, sometimes you leave an interview and you're still not 100% sure what the job will be like, that definitely was not my experience.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were either specific to the tool I would be working with and how I would deal with certain situations and how I would approach an issue or a rollout with a client/member. They definitely want you to do your research, be knowledgable about the company and the kind of services they provide. I was applying for the Crimson team specifically so I had read everything I could online about the tools and software they offer. I think that really helped me!
    One person asked me some case study questions that you can't really prepare for, you're either going to work through them like they want or you're not. Do some research about case study interviews in consulting work and you should be able to get some good examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not really open to negotiation about the dollar figure. I felt like the number was fair and applicable to my number of years in the business and how my experience directly related to the new position, I was happy with it.
The benefit package is good, the insurance is a little better than my current company, you start out with generous vacation time and they really seem employee focused and want you to have a good work/life balance.