The Advisory Board Company Sales & Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Sales & Marketing Associate Interview Questions

1.7

Sales & Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

The review on here are spot on. The interviewer I spoke with was very nice, and did contribute some feedback. Clearly the questions are scripted, but it was a pleasant experience. She recommended another position to me as well, which was a step above what I applied for. I am still awaiting the next step.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to set specific goals to accomplish a task   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Sales & Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Funny story--I applied to this position last fall and interviewed for it but didnt get called back for 2nd round. A friend who got hired there this spring told me to apply to some positions at her firm, and sent me a link (I didn't know it was for ABC). I reapplied to the same position just to see what would happen, and got an interview 2 1/2 weeks later. Clearly their HR system isnt very thorough because they have no idea they already rejected me for this position.
    I don't remember that interview last fall at all and I'm pretty sure they didn't ask me any of the questions that were on here since they don't ring a bell. I have no idea how I could possibly not have passed the last time but I must not have been all that interested since I dont remember it in the slightest. This interview was true to glassdoor and featured a few of the ones people listed.

I cant imagine this went badly, but I will hear back from them in about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• In order, she asked:
      -Walk me through your resume.
      -Why did you choose your university?
      -A follow up question about why I chose to go abroad
      -A follow up question about what the most difficult thing about being abroad was
      -2 things my previous supervisor would say were positive about me
      -Tell me about a time when you improved a process at work
      -What other jobs and types of roles are you applying to?
      -How did you hear about ABC?

Then she gave me room to ask questions. It was EXTREMELY quick (22 minutes) and she didnt really ask any substantive questions related to the position, so make sure to prepare answers to these questions that somehow work in being people/sales-oriented or utilize some sort of marketing skills.
      Answer Question

Sales/Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Phone interview by the HR person.