The Advisory Board Company Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Researcher Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Applied with a resume and cover letter and then had a first round phone interview. A week later I had a 90 minute writing assignment and then a second round phone interview. A week later I heard a response back that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one piece of feedback you have gotten on your writing and how have you incorporated that into your writing process?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied for the RA position online and received an email within a month or so to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The reviews/interview questions on glassdoor were precisely what I was asked for the first round. Things like why are you interested in ABC, what is something you would recommend to faculty to change about your college, how do you stay organized, etc. I heard back within about a week or less for a second round interview with a manager via telephone. Both interviews were half an hour exactly. The manager described the position/responsibilities, answered my questions, and asked a few behavioral questions like how would I prioritize two important projects, when have I received criticism on my writing and how did I use it, why I want to start with this position, etc. As well as asking me about my qualitative research background/experience. I'm in the process of setting up a third round in-person interview in D.C. will update this when I finish that part of the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had to recommend a change or provide a suggestion to faculty at your college what feedback would you offer?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized and prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Describe a research project you have done in detail (esp. qualitative projects)?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Interview process: 2 phone interviews and 1 in person. The 1st phone was with HR-basic questions. The 2nd interview was supposed to be case study style and was not (there was a writing portion here that was very easy and was technically case study). 3rd interview is in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a qualitative research experience. Why advisory board? Why research? How has your writing improved since college? Tell me about your writing. Tell me about your organization. Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Received email shortly after applying and set up 30 minute phone call with general questions; walked through details on resume and then questions about why I was interested in the company and said they would contact within the week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an HR screening, followed by a one hour phone call with a senior consultant (behavior and case). The phone call was great, the interviewer was excited to be talking to me and was clearly prepared for the case we did. Final rounds were three back to back interviews at the DC office. Unfortunately the managers and executives were clearly not as enthusiastic, intellectual or passionate about the work that they do. The firm is filled with incredibly intellectual, driven and smart people who want to make a difference with the work that they do. I did not get the same vibe from management.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: why your major? Tell me about your research, why is it important?   Answer Question

Education Advisory Board Strategic Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was a 20 minute interview with a person from the HR team. Asked general background questions about my interest in advisory board and education policy. The interviewer seemed very pleasant and was nice to talk to. But I did not make it to the second round. I also heard that several other students from my college did the first round phone interview and were declined after that. So I guess their applicant pool is very large for this basic HR screening.

Interview Questions

• How has you writing improved/changed during your college career?   Answer Question

Research Analyst- Health Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 72 hours of submitting my application for a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was focused on walking through resume and with a research background most of the interview was focused on it. At the end of the interview, time was allocated to focus on any questions. I was told that I would receive a decision if I were to move on within the next 10 days. Surprisingly, received an email within a week that I was not moving especially since the recruiter said my focus, perspectives, and background resonated with ABC's values. However, not upset since setting up the interview was pretty disorganized with slow responses.

Senior Analyst, International Healthcare IT Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 6 weeks. I was contacted in a couple of days after the online application by the Hiring Manager. It was an engaging experience, wherein along with behavioral and resume oriented questions, there was more focus on why I want to be considered for this position. Immediately after the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 90-minute video interview and writing exercise with a Senior Director in UK. The interview included behavioral questions and a case. I was then scheduled for another phone interview with US expert and an interview with a Consultant. Lastly, was invited to the HQ in DC for an in-person interview with the Executive Director. Overall, the process went quickly and HR was very impressive in communication.

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

After my resume was submitted as a referral, I received an email contacting me to set up a phone interview for a Research Associate position referenced in the email. My phone interview was a pleasant experience. It lasted about half and hour and mostly consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. At the end, the interviewer said I would be notified via email in the next week if I made it to the next round. Unfortunately, I did not, but my experience with the company was still positive.

Health Care Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Got notified in a week that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Prompt in scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes. I got notified of the results about a week after the phone interview.