The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017
1,011 Interview Reviews

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied for the RA position online and received an email within a month or so to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The reviews/interview questions on glassdoor were precisely what I was asked for the first round. Things like why are you interested in ABC, what is something you would recommend to faculty to change about your college, how do you stay organized, etc. I heard back within about a week or less for a second round interview with a manager via telephone. Both interviews were half an hour exactly. The manager described the position/responsibilities, answered my questions, and asked a few behavioral questions like how would I prioritize two important projects, when have I received criticism on my writing and how did I use it, why I want to start with this position, etc. As well as asking me about my qualitative research background/experience. I'm in the process of setting up a third round in-person interview in D.C. will update this when I finish that part of the process.

Interview Questions

• If you had to recommend a change or provide a suggestion to faculty at your college what feedback would you offer?   Answer Question
    • How do you stay organized and prioritize?   Answer Question
    • Describe a research project you have done in detail (esp. qualitative projects)?   Answer Question

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Took approx. 6 weeks. Got an email to set up a call with HR which lasted for half an hour. General behavioral questions and a run down of the Resume. Got an email next day for a technical phone interview. The technical phone interview lasted for half an hour and consisted of discussion regarding the job role, requirement and how well I understood the role. Received an email after 3 days for in-person interviews at the DC office. I had four half an hour each, back to back interviews with different individuals. First one was more of behavioral and couple of case scenario based interview. The second and third interview was with future colleagues and comprised of general behavioral and job-related question regarding the expected roles and how I was a fit for it. The fourth and the last interview was with a Senior Directed who looked to be in a state of rush and did some cross questioning. All the interviews went really smooth. But unfortunately, no offer.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was quick because I was an extern. I got an automatic entry level interview. There were two people who interviewed me in 30-45 minute increments, and all the externs had an opportunity to shadow a sales and marketing associate already working in the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the role of the sales and marketing associate?   Answer Question

Strategic Accounts Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I first had a 20min phone interview with a recruiter. She was non-engaging and spoke in a monotone voice so I didn't think it went well. But I did get called in for a in-person interview with two people from the department (30min each). The second interview, my interviewer seemed really uninterested and then left without letting me know whether or not they would follow up. I didn't get to see the office or anything... I thought that was kind of weird.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, why you want to work there, etc.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an HR screening, followed by a one hour phone call with a senior consultant (behavior and case). The phone call was great, the interviewer was excited to be talking to me and was clearly prepared for the case we did. Final rounds were three back to back interviews at the DC office. Unfortunately the managers and executives were clearly not as enthusiastic, intellectual or passionate about the work that they do. The firm is filled with incredibly intellectual, driven and smart people who want to make a difference with the work that they do. I did not get the same vibe from management.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: why your major? Tell me about your research, why is it important?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and was asked standard interview questions. The interviewer however never bothered to let me know of the decision on my application and ignored my follow up.

Client Data Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Richmond, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

From early August to the end of September I interviewed for 2 positions. First was for the Strategic Targeting Analyst position for which I was beat out by a candidate with more experience. Understandable. However, the interviewers were "so impressed" with me that they forwarded my information to the Client Data Steward department, for which they thought I'd be a better fit, thus the process reset. After a total of 5 interviews with 12 employees at the Richmond office or via telephone, I was told that they "definitely want to hire me", they were just awaiting approval from the budgeting director and to keep checking in. Anybody in HR is almost impossible to get in contact with and rarely return calls or emails. After checking in once a month until mid-January finally came around I just stopped calling after seeing the position once again being posted while nobody reached back out to me. If I didn't get the position I'd much rather simply be told that instead of being led on. I placed a great deal of faith in their word and that focus could have been better spent looking for other opportunities throughout that 5 month long process.

Interview Questions

• Full role-play of client interaction and planning of strategy.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Interview process: 2 phone interviews and 1 in person. The 1st phone was with HR-basic questions. The 2nd interview was supposed to be case study style and was not (there was a writing portion here that was very easy and was technically case study). 3rd interview is in person.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a qualitative research experience. Why advisory board? Why research? How has your writing improved since college? Tell me about your writing. Tell me about your organization. Strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Hanover, NH) in March 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume and cover letter and received indication I acquired an interview within 2-3 weeks. I was selected for the first round interview; however, I did not receive an offer for a second round interview.

Junior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for a Sr.QA Engineer position after the first Hr round i was been told my profile is been re-consider for a Jr.QA Analyst position.

First round Tech Round normal questions answered all of them but unfortunately might be the interviewer didn't like it

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer
    • Manual Testing or Automation
      (I said any they follow Manual)
      1 Answer