The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017
1,053 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a brief phone screening that last a few minutes. Pretty basic screening. Followed up by a face to face interview that last a few hours. What separates you from the other candidates?

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a short, 15 minute interview. She was very nice. Role is described as cold and warm calling mostly. You are there to generate revenue and have monthly sales goals. Said I would hear back next week. Appreciated how forthcoming she was about what the role entailed. It's not so glamorous cold calling, but the salary is decent for entry level.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me what experience have qualified you for this role?   Answer Question

Associate Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Birmingham, AL) in June 2017.

Interview

Simple Questions about my work and educational background. I felt like they were not interested in what I was saying, but proceeded to keep me on the phone for at least 20 minutes.

Junior Analyst, Sales Strategy and Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview. I was then called and spoke to a hiring manager for about 30 minutes. It was a brief call in order to get a better understanding of the candidate based on the resume submitted.

Application

Interview

Applied online, got email from recruiter in a few weeks. The recruiter seemed a bit unexcited from the start of the call but I believe she thought I was under qualified.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The interview process was overall normal. I first met the other analyst on the team along with the team lead. Received technical question such as experience with SQL Server ( the in-house database system), comfort level with SQL, knowledge on Excel formulas/macros, etc. Met with program manager from separate team to discuss interest level beyond data analysis as well. Company encourages career diversity.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied for a Research Analyst position and had an HR screening interview and then an interview with the hiring manager. I was asked to submit a writing sample at that time. I was then contacted by HR and told that I would be considered for the Consultant position instead. I interviewed with another hiring manager via phone for that position. I then received feedback that I would be interviewing for a different Consultant position in another part of the firm and it would be via Skype. The hiring manager for this position was extremely inpatient and I felt like the manager did not consider me from the beginning of the interview. At the same time, I was contacted by another recruiter from their Advisory practice about a different consulting opportunity and set up a time to talk to this recruiter. Ten minutes after the recruiter was supposed to call, I received an email from the recruiter asking to reschedule. I emailed my availability back and then never heard from the recruiter again. However, for the original consulting position in the other department I received a template email stating that I was "removed from consideration for all positions" without any additional information. I was really disappointed in the process given that they had interviewed 5 times, completed a writing sample and a case study and interviewed with 3 different departments over a period of multiple months. The whole recruiting process is a mess at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview Questions

• You're planning a student event at a University, what factors do you consider when planning the event and how do you prioritize?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in May 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly, and asked many of the questions posted on here, which helped a lot. Currently in second-round interviews which consists of an Excel Assessment and several interviews with various members of the Finance Team. The Career Management team get back to you very vast and have been very clear throughout this whole process.

Interview Questions

• Something you would recommend to faculty to change about your college

How do you prioritize and stay organized?

Why the Advisory Board?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Applied with a resume and cover letter and then had a first round phone interview. A week later I had a 90 minute writing assignment and then a second round phone interview. A week later I heard a response back that I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one piece of feedback you have gotten on your writing and how have you incorporated that into your writing process?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. Very fast too. The letter of confirmation for the phone screening happened as soon as i got the internal referral and the recruiter was very detailed explaining the interview process overall.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle the data cleansing/data analysis procedure? / How would I convey the information to critical stakeholders?   Answer Question