The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Senior Analyst, International Healthcare IT Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 6 weeks. I was contacted in a couple of days after the online application by the Hiring Manager. It was an engaging experience, wherein along with behavioral and resume oriented questions, there was more focus on why I want to be considered for this position. Immediately after the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 90-minute video interview and writing exercise with a Senior Director in UK. The interview included behavioral questions and a case. I was then scheduled for another phone interview with US expert and an interview with a Consultant. Lastly, was invited to the HQ in DC for an in-person interview with the Executive Director. Overall, the process went quickly and HR was very impressive in communication.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for an Analyst position in Research, and had all of the qualifications in the job description and then some. I was even already employed at the Advisory Board Company, so I would have been a transfer and not a new hire (which is always preferred). However, despite going through the interview process and, "blowing them out of the water," they refused to hire me based on the fact that I had not gone the traditional route. They told me that they were scared that if they hired me without having been a research associate first, they would open the flood gates and would have to look through too many resumes the next time they posted an opening for an Analyst position.

While a Master's degree isn't in the requirements, it is absolutely a requirement if you are an external hire, or an internal hire who hasn't been a Research Associate prior to applying for an Analyst position.

Other than that the interview process also included a case study (which no one in Career Management -ABC's version of HR- told me about). Fortunately, when I mentioned that I got an interview for the position to one of my friends, she told me that those type of interviews usually have case studies.

So take heed if you're applying for an Analyst position:

-If you're an external applicant, it's best to have a Master's degree

-If you're an internal applicant, you should probably save you're time and apply for a Research Associate position first

-If you get an interview, prepare for a case study style interview process (you can Google sample case study interviews and use those to prepare - that's what I did and I was over prepared)

Interview Questions

• How would you use BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) to enhance your research for a University?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

After my resume was submitted as a referral, I received an email contacting me to set up a phone interview for a Research Associate position referenced in the email. My phone interview was a pleasant experience. It lasted about half and hour and mostly consisted of walking the interviewer through my resume. At the end, the interviewer said I would be notified via email in the next week if I made it to the next round. Unfortunately, I did not, but my experience with the company was still positive.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (New York, NY).

Interview

advisory contacted me through linkedin. first was a hr phone call.
    she set up a technical phone call.
    after the technical call was forwarded an in person interview was scheduled for 3 hours.
    total process took about 3 months

Interview Questions

• in technical phone call questions were all basic on sql, html, js and php.
      previous company agile process. explain mvc pattern through a registration form.
      Answer Question

Health Care Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Got notified in a week that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. Prompt in scheduling a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about 15 minutes. I got notified of the results about a week after the phone interview.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

Very best disorganized hr process. Took 2-3 months of being passed along through multiple departments until settling on this position. Multiple interviews with no offer and no explanation of what could have been done better.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a client with an urgent request?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and we scheduled a phone interview for later that week. About a week after the phone interview, you are told whether you are being brought in for an in person interview or not.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would tell the administration of your college to change about your college?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you stepped in and used your communication skills to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Healthcare Strategic Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through the Advisory Board Company's website and heard back almost immediately. From there I had a very basic phone screening with a recruiter. Super relaxed just going over why you are interested in research and ABC and simple resume questions. The next step was a 90 minute writing assessment where you are given 2 prompts and must complete one of them. I moved on from that and had another phone interview with someone who has gone through the position I was applying for. This 2nd interview consisted of behavioral questions and a case. I made it past this and was asked to interview in person in Washington DC. Prior to going to DC, they asked me to complete another 90 minute writing assessment which consisted of the same exact 2 prompts. In Washington DC, I was scheduled for 2 behavioral questions/case question interviews. They added on a 3rd with a director after. This was my first interview so I don't know how it compares to others, but it didn't seem too difficult. They didn't give me a tour of the facility or take me out to lunch, which I though was weird.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when at first you didn't succeed?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you had to make a difficult decision?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when a team member wasn't working well with the team?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a friend. First round was phone interview with recruiter then brought in for second round which consisted of two 30 minute interview with Managers (2 at a time).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on website and was contacted by a recruiting coordinating (not interviewer). They were a bit slow to get back (over a week to respond). I got a phone interview with a recruiting professional who was friendly. It was a 30 min interview that consisted of pretty generic questions -- behavioral, fit, and interest questions predominantly. The interviewer talked for much of it about the role and company.

Interview Questions

• Why ABC? What research experience do you have? Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question