The Advisory Board Company Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.5

245 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in July 2016.

Interview

Very simple interview. I applied online with a resume and cover letter. A few days later, I was contacted by an HR representative to set up a phone interview. The interview was fairly standard, just asking about my education, going through my resume, and asking basic behavioral questions. I thought the interview went well but was told they went with a different candidate about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

three people interview
    The entire process was not very organized
    The people were not very personable
    The entire interview did not contain thoughtful questions
    not good follow-up questions
    On and on about themselves
    No consistency

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Went through an on-site interview on-campus and was invited to the DC location for Preview Day. Preview Day was informative and a great way to showcase yourself to the associates. There were presentations about the company, a tour of the company, and 2 interviews that lasted about 30 minutes each.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a week later for a phone screen. Then the phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. The recruiter called 10 minutes late, and talked very fast about everything.

Interview Questions

• What would you previous employers say the area you would have needed to work on?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have for your role   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screen interview that, like many others have mentioned, asked practically all of the questions posted on here. Afterwards I was asked to attend the company's Preview Day to have a 1-on-1 and 2-on-1 interview after a day with a tour of the office and presentations to fill in on the company's culture. I felt very positive about the position after the presentations and really enjoyed the interviews with the people I spoke with at the company. It seems like an organization that has a good collaborative feel, even in a traditionally competitive department like Marketing.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you want us to remember about you after you leave today?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in May 2016.

Interview

I applied in mid-May 2016 and was scheduled for a phone interview a couple weeks later. I spoke to someone from the DC office for about 15 minutes. It was very short and the woman seemed to be whispering the entire time during our conversation. It made me feel a bit awkward but continued normal conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, then invited to an interview in the DC office, where I had one one-on-one interview and one two-on-one interview.

I applied online in early March 2016, my phone interview was at the end of April, and in person interview was about two weeks after my phone interview in May.

The phone interview is honestly a bit disappointing. The recruiter is just reading through a sheet of questions and basically sticking to a script. She was really hard to connect with. The questions were very basic and easy to answer though. Just have to be confident in your answers. About a week later, I got a call letting me know I made it to the next round.

The in-person interview at the DC office was a breeze and very easy! It started off with an informal breakfast with a current marketing associate. I could ask questions about the interview, learn more about the company, and just relax before the formal interview. This breakfast was not an official part of the interview process.

The interviews in person were fairly simple. I was asked to run through my resume, talk about the role and the company, and some behavioral type questions (all questions are posted here on Glassdoor). Got an email and a call about a week later saying i got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a high school senior year to attend your college/university?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position on the Advisory Board website. Received an email from the recruiter to set up a phone call interview. The recruiter was very friendly and asked general/basic questions while reviewing my resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your past experience could benefit you in the sales and marketing associate position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

I first applied online through their hiring portal, and within a matter of a few days received notice that they weren't interested in continuing with the interview process (indicating that the initial phase of the hiring process is mostly automatic). Between submitting my application and receiving that notice, I had contacted someone I knew that worked there. By the time they responded, I'd received the rejection, but they nonetheless told me to send them my cover letter/resume directly so they could submit it as a referral. A couple weeks after that, I received an email from someone at the Advisory Board to set up a phone screen with a director at the company. That happened within a week, and it was a pretty laid back, easy, 20ish-min phone conversation with pretty standard phone screen questions, where they mostly asked what I knew about the company and then they filled in the blanks. About a week later, I got another email from one of their "Career Management Specialists," asking to do a second phone interview. This phone interview was pretty much identical to the previous one. About a week or two later, I got another email asking me to come in to do in-person interviews. I was scheduled for two interviews (one after another on the same day). The first was a 30ish-min sit down with one of their "Chiefs of Staff." Again, A LOT of the same content from the phone screens. Right after that, I met with two other "Chiefs of Staff" (at the same time). One of the interviewers was running late, so we started the second interview with just one interviewer present. Again, a lot of the same content from the other interviews. When the second interviewer arrived, we basically just went back over what she'd missed when I'd been speaking to the other interviewer, which ended up just eating into the time we had to do the interview. Overall, it seemed like most of the interviews went pretty decently up until the last one, and of course (in my experience) everyone is pretty nice throughout the interview process. No huge curveballs/surprises, especially if you've read through the interview questions people have posted on here.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Advisory Board? (they asked this at virtually every stage of the interview process; when it comes their turn to "fill in the gaps," expect them to use the term "buckets" almost every time)   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to overcome a challenge, and how you overcame it (or something along those lines)   Answer Question
    • Sell me/us on your college/university   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Participated in a Marketing Associate Preview Day at the DC Headquarters. It was a wonderful experience. The day was structured very well and in a timely manner. It consisted of one 2 on 1 interview and one 1 on 1 interview in addition to a tour and a description of their philanthropy events/culture. All of the employees were very friendly and professional. It seems like a very happy, and thriving work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you weren't successful and how you approached it? How do you stay organized? What do you know about the position?   Answer Question