The Advisory Board Company Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview that lasted around 25 minutes. My interviewer called 10-15 minutes past the scheduled time, and whispered on the phone as if she needed to be quiet at her desk. She gave me a little information about herself at the beginning, and then proceeded to ask me questions. She did not give any feedback on my answers whatsoever, and quickly moved from one question to the next.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied online through my college career board and was contacted via email a couple of weeks later for a phone interview. I didn't make it to the next round, so I am unsure of the following steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your education in marketing be used in this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Standard process. Phone then in-person. Don't pay for your travel to the interview, which left a bad taste in my mouth compared to other employers. Questions were very basic, had me interview for multiple positions, and gave multiple offers which I thought was interesting. Process moved very quickly for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would say on the phone in x situation. How did you hear about ABC? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Pretty standard- had an interest phone call with someone I knew worked at the DC building and then sent her my resume. She passed it on and got a phone interview which led to an in house day long interview where we learned more about the company and had three interviews. Questions were pretty basic- want to know how organized you were and explain a time when you had to be organized.One of the downsides, they were basically trying to glorify a job where you are cold calling 24/7 and even though there are incentives and perks making your goal it seems kind of high stress to reach those numbers.

Interview Questions

• Describe something you wish to change about your college/university.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in March 2016.

Interview

We spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes and she asked me basic questions. It sounded like she was reading off a list when she asked the questions, but I'd prepared for that so it didn't catch me off guard. About a week and a half later I was contacted about a second interview in the offices. My second interview is next week, so I'm not sure what that will entail.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Only made it to the phone interview, which is fine, but like others have mentioned, it is extremely phony and not organic in the least. The only responses you will receive are "ok", "great", and "moving on". Not to mention, in my experience, they canceled on me three times in a row, drawing out the whole process from application to actual rejection email about 2 months. It comes off as cold and unprofessional when you can't keep a meeting time and can't have an engaging conversation. Obviously things come up and you have to reschedule interviews, but 3 times? Completely turned me off to the whole experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Unfortunately, the initial phone screen was very one-sided and impersonal. There was no feedback given on any of my answers. I was supposed to be interviewed twice for two positions and they cancelled my second interview without informing me, which I felt was highly unprofessional. Despite these negative points, it sounds like a great company with a fun and young culture. ABC is worth researching for anyone interested in healthcare consulting and technology.

Entry-Level Coordinator, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a first-round interview with no follow up because the position had already been filled. The woman I spoke with on the phone was very nice and didn't ask many probing questions. I think she was just trying to get a better idea of who I was, what i've accomplished, and where I want to be in the future. Overall, the interview went pretty well. I definitely felt comfortable the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What is one conflict you've been most proud to overcome in your life?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I found the company via a connection and job fair at my university. I was able to connect with one their employees who had been working a job fair which prompted him to collect my resume and ultimately schedule my interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your biggest struggle in academics and how you over came it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a scheduled phone screen. You are sent a cookie cutter email asking if you have availability over a 2 week period. I scheduled my interview based on a huge time window and THEY chose the specific time. The recruiter missed my interview time not once, not twice, but THREE times!

Completely unprofessional. The first and second time I had to contact them asking what the issue was and I was told that a meeting ran late both times. On the 4TH scheduled time for a FIRST interview, the recruiter called 15 minutes late and then expressed in the first 2 minutes of the call that she only had 20 minutes to speak.

After making it through a joke of a first call, I was asked to move on to the next step of the interview process which was to meet two managers in the office. I was scheduled for a Tuesday morning at 10 am. I arrived 15 minutes early, dressed in a charcoal grey suit, shite shirt and light blue tie. I was greeted very rudely by the front desk attendant asking if I would be okay with the interviewers running a little bit late. I was okay with that, because at least they gave me a heads up this time!

I did not go back until 10:20, however, the first manager to interview me had been standing at the front desk without my knowing for a solid 10 minutes chatting away with the front desk receptionist. Finally at 10:20, the gentlemen looked over and asked if I was his interview...

He was wearing jeans, an unbuttoned flannel and suede chukka boots...he was a "manager". As soon as I was brought back, I was once again told that there was a specific "timeframe" that he had and we would have to keep things "short". He closed the interview as I was still asking questions and then led me out to the front lobby once again just to wait another 15 minutes for 2 female "managers" to bring me back to the same room!

I then was bearded in a tick-tick-toe unprepared manner of questions that led me to then flip the interview on them JUST TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE ROLE THAT THEY HAD YET TO DESCRIBE.

Unprofessional is the ultimate word I would give to this so called "top notch firm" interview process.

I would not even recommend ABC to a new grad, I think they would get a better interview experience at a fast food chain.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you failed because of another co-workers/colleagues error? How did you address it? Who did you talk to first?   Answer Question