The Advisory Board Company Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Researcher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.9

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week and a half later to schedule a phone screening. I provided a lot of times and they replied with an interview time. Perfect.

When it was time for the interview, my interviewer was about 5 minutes late. We talked and I could tell she was reading off of a script and she had me walk her through my resume. In total, the entire interview was about 20 minutes long and she ended by telling me what next steps would be if I was chosen to move onto the next part of the process. She also mentioned that they were specifically looking for people who would commit at least two years. Finally, she mentioned that I would know within a week either way. About 5 days later, I received a generic email stating that I would not be moving forward in the process. Overall, pretty straightforward, if not very personal.

Interview Questions

• Q: Walk me through a research project you completed
      Q: Tell me about you research experiences as a whole
      Q: Why do you want to work at ABC?

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Included screening with recruiter, hour-long Skype interview, and 3.5 hour in person case-style interview. Cases didn't focus on traditional math estimations, but focused mostly on logic cases. Some of them were more in a health care setting (also this company really likes "health care" as two words).

The wait time between the different stages was pretty long.

Still in the interview process, so I can't say what the compensation will look like or if I will accept the offer.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Comfortable and clear, very easy to work with. Had a first round for HR, another one for a manager and then a writing test. The final round was a case on site.

Interview Questions

• Research, research, research. And always to go over who I am and why I'm interesting.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Northampton, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty nice phone interview. About 20-30 minutes long. Pretty much what you will expect: tell me about yourself, walk me through your resume, past research experience (in detail), why the Advisory Board Company, etc. They got back to me in about a week, telling me they went with another candidate. But it was a good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in March 2016.

Interview

Through referral, I was invited to a phone interview for the analyst position in EAB strategic research, even though what I had applied for and my qualifications are above that level. This was later discussed and the recruiter explained how they'd be doing further matching of applicants to suitable positions based on the initial interview.

Overall, a pleasant experience with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable recruiter! It was about 35 minutes with mostly resume/experience/behavior based questions, followed by what I know/like about the company, and questions on my interest in the types of work, desired start date and salary, a time for me to ask questions, capped by a brief explanation of what to expect.

EAB/ABC is a rare company where I had 100% reply from cold-emailing, and all current employees I have spoken with were so positive, energetic and enthusiastic about their experience with/at the firm. The firm is rapidly growing with a positive culture, and this interview also confirmed my understanding of the firm. I'm currently waiting to hear back, but wanted to pay it forward before I forget all details.

Interview Questions

• - Please walk me through your resume and educational background that are relevant (this became a bit of a conversation and we spent good 10-15 minutes discussing this)
      - Describe a research project and your role
      - What do you like about ABC?
      - what is your plan for your career in the next few years? (implied how the firm wants to keep the talent for long-term)
      - interest/preference in qualitative vs quantitative work? (to use to match my skills with roles)
      - expected/desired start date? (and also double checking that it'll be in Washington DC)
      - desired salary if possible?
      - Questions for me?

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

First step: phone interview (resume, experience, why ABC)
    Second step: one hour Skype interview (resume, experience, why ABC, why this job, case study)
    Third step: invitation to DC office, 3 interviews (personal fit, case style) each one hour
    Did not get an offer; received a 2liner rejection email without intentional and targeted feedback. After putting a lot of work into this - very disappointing

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through their website and the next day was contacted by a recruiter. I quickly had my initial HR screening round. Just as other reviews say, this was very scripted. I was contacted within a few days I would have a second interview that would be a case interview and a written. I have completed that and am waiting to hear back about a third interview, which would be on-site

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed first interview and asked back for a second. The first one felt very scripted and the HR person did not really stray from the script except for at the end when I asked her questions of my own. They wanted to know about my research background and why I chose my school. Trying to schedule the second interview but have not really heard back.

Associate, EAB Strategic Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions; the interviewer was very friendly and helpful; entire interview last about 30 minutes and I found all of the questions asked in advance on Glassdoor. The process is fairly slow-moving, however. I had to wait a couple of days to get responses to emails about interview times and often the earliest available interview was about 2 weeks away.

Analyst, Healthcare Strategic Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email from HR that I would be phone interviewed that following week. The girl on the phone was nice but somewhat uninterested/disengaged in what I was saying throughout the process. I asked her why she liked working at ABC but it didn't really seem like she was that thrilled about it.

Interview Questions

• - Talk me through your resume
      - Talk me through your education / one of your research projects
      - What advice would you give to your school and how would you implement it?
      - How has your communication changed throughout high school to university?
      - What's your interest in healthcare?
      - Why do you want to work at Advisory Board?