The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen, two phone interviews, then I was flown to DC for an in person interview. The in person included a presentation, a writing exercise, and 30 minute interviews with 5 different people that I would be working directly with. The interviews were relatively easy, just your basic behavioral questions and them getting a feel if you would fit in with their team. Slightly intimidating going into it knowing everything that would be done that day. But they tell you in advance via email what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you XYZ?
      What is your leadership style?
      Why ABC?
      Why this position?

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was rescheduled at the last minute which was a bit frustrating. The second went well but it felt like the interviewer was simply reading from a list of questions and not really listening to my responses.

Interview Questions

• Who would you invite to speak at your college commencement?
      Why did you pick your college?

Associate, Technical Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

They have multiple steps hiring process. First I received email for scheduling an appointment for phone interview. I had the option to suggest several days and times, convenient for me and they picked one of them. The phone interview continued about 30 min. I was asked more then 10 questions. Some of them were:

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Advisory Board Company?
      Describe the process of software testing in your former company
      What kind of software did you support there?
      How do you handle a difficult customer?

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I submitted my resume (no cover letter) and received an email the next day for a phone interview. I had a very positive interview with the recruiter and was convinced that I would progress to the next round. A week after, they sent an email that they would no longer offer me a position at the firm. Very weird. I sent an email asking why and no response...

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your college major? What do you do in your current position? Why ABC?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied through school career fair. During that they tell me the date of the school interview, but no other information about this interview. Then process took more than 1 week. Ask me to schedule a time to attend school interview. 45 mins white board interview.The guy was nice, he provided me 3 questions and ask me if I have questions for them.

Interview Questions

• 1) 8 balls , one heavier than others.
      2) sum two number from an array to get the certain value
      3) shuffle cards.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied through my University. First, I was asked to do a phone interview. About a week later, I went in for an in-person interview at the office in DC. I had back-to-back 30 minute interviews with two managers each. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The recruiters were on campus where they held the 1st round of interview. it lasted for around 45 minutes and was a technical round. The interviewer was knowledgeable and knew what they were asking about. The technical questions were designed such that multiple answers were possible

Interview Questions

• time complexity of the proposed solutions and discussions if better methods existed   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The ABC recruiting process is very disorganized and vague. I was lucky to have an internal reference that put me through to a recruiter who got back to me within 24 hrs for interview availability. My interview was scheduled without any communication & I only heard that this was the case because I got an email asking if I had missed our time for that specific day. After a few emails back and forth I was able to reschedule the error on their part & went on to a phone interview. My interviewer was disinterested and asked me questions that were irrelevant to the position. Overall the process was a disaster and extremely unprofessional.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I got the interview throigh a schiol career fair. They called me about a week later to schedule a follow up. It was super casual. The guy was wearing cargo shorts. He asked me three white board questions.

Interview Questions

• One was a brain teaser. One was about seeing if you could add two numbers in an array to get a certain given value. One was about creating and shuffling a deck of cards.   1 Answer

Entry Level Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Did a phone interview online. Lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were fairly run of the mill, nothing interesting. The interviewer seemed to be very much reading from a script. Was disappointed that they did not ask if there was anything that wasn't touched upon, since there were aspects of my resume I did not have the chance to touch upon. Was told they would get back to me within two weeks. After three weeks, I sent an inquiry email, they said they would get in contact the next week. Only then did they send me my application status (no offer)

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a project you worked on in the past and how did you succeed?   Answer Question