The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,053 Interview Reviews

2.8

Education Advisory Board Strategic Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Was a 20 minute interview with a person from the HR team. Asked general background questions about my interest in advisory board and education policy. The interviewer seemed very pleasant and was nice to talk to. But I did not make it to the second round. I also heard that several other students from my college did the first round phone interview and were declined after that. So I guess their applicant pool is very large for this basic HR screening.

Interview Questions

• How has you writing improved/changed during your college career?   Answer Question

Entry Level Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a hiring representative within a week or two; after scheduling the initial first round phone interview, I was contacted 2-3 days later to set up a time to come into the office for a second round interview. Everyone I encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful, but the phone interview was incredibly straightforward with little feedback throughout.

Interview Questions

• Like most employers, they asked about a difficult time/managing several priorities at once.   Answer Question

Research Analyst- Health Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within 72 hours of submitting my application for a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was focused on walking through resume and with a research background most of the interview was focused on it. At the end of the interview, time was allocated to focus on any questions. I was told that I would receive a decision if I were to move on within the next 10 days. Surprisingly, received an email within a week that I was not moving especially since the recruiter said my focus, perspectives, and background resonated with ABC's values. However, not upset since setting up the interview was pretty disorganized with slow responses.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward, the interviewer asked me three questions one puzzle and two programming questions. I did answer the first two confidently and could only solve the third question partially and the time was up ( 45 mins). So i was asked to stop.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Interview

I went through maybe 6-8 group or individual interviews with multiple departments, none of which for positions I actually applied for. Wasn't really given ample time to prepare for each department, since they weren't the positions I applied for. All the interviewers were really young - under 30. I had one or two second round interviews I think, but did not pass. Interviews were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• If you could have changed one thing about the college you went to, what would you change? Tell us about your previous experiences/walk me through your resume. How do you work under stress? What do you do to stay organized?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview was fairly basic. The interviewer called me about an hour early. We talked about my background and the company. She seemed impressed with my back ground, but also gave off the vibe that it did not align with their company.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in which you took a situation that was out of your control and made it yours   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, International Healthcare IT Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process lasted for 6 weeks. I was contacted in a couple of days after the online application by the Hiring Manager. It was an engaging experience, wherein along with behavioral and resume oriented questions, there was more focus on why I want to be considered for this position. Immediately after the phone interview, I was scheduled for a 90-minute video interview and writing exercise with a Senior Director in UK. The interview included behavioral questions and a case. I was then scheduled for another phone interview with US expert and an interview with a Consultant. Lastly, was invited to the HQ in DC for an in-person interview with the Executive Director. Overall, the process went quickly and HR was very impressive in communication.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview first, and met with an awesome recruiter who asked mainly behavioural questions, as well as a few fit questions.
    Next, I went into the DC office for a preview day, relatively short compared to other super days I have attended. We had a nice introduction, lunch with a current MA, and then two interviews- one 1:1, and another 2:1. Be prepared with questions for managers, as well as examples of experience communicating with executives

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything about your school's administration, what would it be? If you had an infinite amount of money what would you add/change to your school? Why do you want this position/ work at ABC?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter schedule a call. And ask some basic non technical question. About my resume and project experience. Especially about how many years I have been working on a certain framework.

Interview Questions

• You a given 8 balls and one of them has different weight. How do you find out that ball.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (New York, NY).

Interview

advisory contacted me through linkedin. first was a hr phone call.
    she set up a technical phone call.
    after the technical call was forwarded an in person interview was scheduled for 3 hours.
    total process took about 3 months

Interview Questions

• in technical phone call questions were all basic on sql, html, js and php.
      previous company agile process. explain mvc pattern through a registration form.   Answer Question