The Advisory Board Company Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

2.5

118 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

Intervied on campus with an awesome recruiter who I absolutely loved. Very basic interview questions. Invited to an onsite super day (but was far shorter than others I had been to). When we first arrived, had lunch with a current MA, then had a brief presentation on the company and service (which they care about highly). I recommend asking questions to show you're engaged. Next you will either go into your 1-1 with a manager and a 2-1 with more seasoned employees. Next you have a tour and see the awesome terrace! Overall a great day. Decided not to take the job because of the salary, although they offered me the top of the range listed here.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

One phone interview. Followed by an in person interview where I met with 4 people. An employee referred me after I submitted my application. They allow the in person interview to be over skype if not based in DC.

Interview Questions

• What on your resume has prepared you most for this role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

When I applied to this position, a number of people referenced me (including a recruiter). A few weeks later I received an email notifying me the were not interested in my application. I accepted it. Two weeks later I received an email requesting a phone interview. I was told the system messed up in sending me the first email. The phone interview was VERY bizarre. The recruiter was so obviously reading from a script and was whispering the entire time, like obviously whispering not just my sound was too low. After a very strange phone interview with very standard questions, I did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

three people interview
    The entire process was not very organized
    The people were not very personable
    The entire interview did not contain thoughtful questions
    not good follow-up questions
    On and on about themselves
    No consistency

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted a week later for a phone screen. Then the phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. The recruiter called 10 minutes late, and talked very fast about everything.

Interview Questions

• What would you previous employers say the area you would have needed to work on?   Answer Question
    • What questions do you have for your role   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, then invited to an interview in the DC office, where I had one one-on-one interview and one two-on-one interview.

I applied online in early March 2016, my phone interview was at the end of April, and in person interview was about two weeks after my phone interview in May.

The phone interview is honestly a bit disappointing. The recruiter is just reading through a sheet of questions and basically sticking to a script. She was really hard to connect with. The questions were very basic and easy to answer though. Just have to be confident in your answers. About a week later, I got a call letting me know I made it to the next round.

The in-person interview at the DC office was a breeze and very easy! It started off with an informal breakfast with a current marketing associate. I could ask questions about the interview, learn more about the company, and just relax before the formal interview. This breakfast was not an official part of the interview process.

The interviews in person were fairly simple. I was asked to run through my resume, talk about the role and the company, and some behavioral type questions (all questions are posted here on Glassdoor). Got an email and a call about a week later saying i got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a high school senior year to attend your college/university?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied online through my college career board and was contacted via email a couple of weeks later for a phone interview. I didn't make it to the next round, so I am unsure of the following steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your education in marketing be used in this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Standard process. Phone then in-person. Don't pay for your travel to the interview, which left a bad taste in my mouth compared to other employers. Questions were very basic, had me interview for multiple positions, and gave multiple offers which I thought was interesting. Process moved very quickly for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you would say on the phone in x situation. How did you hear about ABC? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied online, and I went to Washington, D.C. for an interview. They asked me to go through my resume. We had a lunch, and I participated in 2 interviews. I was intimidated, but I am glad I got to see this company and had a very positive impression. I liked their office. My interviewer was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

They ask you very basic questions. It's not a great way of deciding who is a fit for the role. It's just your average are you organized, are you motivated kind of scenario. They'll ask you for three accomplishments that you are proud of and how you achieved them. Any generic college experience would fit here if you say it with gusto.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are three accomplishments you are proud of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in the contract. They tell you the pay and then they say that it's non negotiable. Also, they save you will see a raise at six months in which is a lie--you don't see it until 10 months and they do not backpay you. Right after they mention the pay they start with the trips/raise speech which you should totally disregard. Bottom line, if you have bills to pay and didn't go to college to have to work two jobs, keep looking.