The Advisory Board Company Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent off an application and was selected for an on-campus first round interview. Consisted of 30 minutes of behavioral questions, very easy. Then had super day at the main office, which lasted 3 hours and really only consisted of 2 easy interviews. Was extremely impressed by company culture and benefits package. Tons of paid time off, plus extremely generous policy with regard to community service. And they have a gym in the office.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your college. Tell me why I should choose to go to it over others.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. Was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. The first time the recruiter never called and I had to email someone twice to get a response. When she finally called she asked basic questions that weren't difficult to answer, but overall seemed uninterested in what I had to say. Sounded like she was reading from a script the entire time. I thought I did well but then two weeks later I received an email saying I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you like your school? What is something your school could improve on?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The interview was your typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the person interviewing me did not seem too interested in what I had to say.

I was referred by an employee and the process was very slow. A couple of weeks went by and I had not heard back from HR. The process seemed disorganized and they were quick to ask what my salary expectations were which I believe was a factor in the reason why I did not receive an offer.

Overall not a very pleasant experience, the HR people were not very helpful of timely.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews and an office tour/breakfast with a current associate. The in person interviews are very fast paced so you have to think quickly on your feet. Make sure you know exactly what the Marketing Associates do and exactly what The Advisory Board does because they will ask in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does the advisory board do? Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and succeeded   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks, applied online and then had two phone screenings. After the phone interview was an in person interview with several members of the department. The interview was easy, low stress. It seemed like they just wanted to confirm you're a normal person rather than determining special skills and qualifications

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

phone call, interview in d.c., offer. recruiter read off a script was very nice and full of information about the position. asked lots of questions about what the company does and how your experience fits the role. company seems to be very young but a good place for recent college grads.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview at school through Career Center. Recruiter described the job and then asked me to explain the aspects of my resume. Then asked me a lot of jobs about customer service - for example: "Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult customer, how you handled the situation and what you would do if you could change it."

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with the Marketing chief of staff. It was mostly behavioral and I could tell that they were looking for someone who understood what the company did.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

quick. I applied and was called less than a week later. they flew me out after the phone interview for an in person interview. the interviewers were young, probably the same age as me. there was two people that interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• explain leadership roles, how do you keep track of multiple agenda items, how organized are you, detail management skills, fundraising experience   Answer Question