The Advisory Board Company Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.5

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and after submitting my application materials I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. The interview was very standard interview with an HR manager. The Manager was rather cold and seemed generally uninterested in what I had to said. It seemed like she was reading off a script.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked me what I would change about the university I attended.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview - a week after I applied for the job, I received a phone inteview request. The questions were nothing unexpected. The interviewer was very nice and helpful, but sounded like she just needed it to get it overwith so she could move on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• No terribly unexpected questions:
      How do you think you can benefit from your liberal arts education?
      Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website and was scheduled a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was basically just talking to a HR person about my resume. She also asked me my basic understanding of the company, a difficult decision/experience in college and the process I took to overcome it. That day I received an email granting me an in person interview in 2 weeks. I was scheduled two interviews 1:1 and 2:1. The questions were pretty much the same in both meetings. They explained the position in great detail and asked how my characteristics aligned with someone they are seeking. They asked me to pick a part on my resume to go more in depth with (opportunity to brag). Each meeting was 30 min and they don't allow you to go over that time limit which I think is unfair.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I had a complicated process that had me interviewing for various positions

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Submitted application, then invited for a first round interview. Basic questions about myself, which lead to another interview two weeks later over the phone. More of the same. Then was asked to come in for another meeting, this time with five different managers,and was asked to learn a presentation. All the managers asked me variations of the same questions regarding my experience

Interview Questions

• How does your liberal arts background qualify you for a position dealing with healthcare   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial first round telephone interview. Two addition in-person one on two interviews in the Washington DC office. Career Management is easy to work with to schedule interviews. Interviewers ask easy questions. Be prepared to walk through your resume and answer questions as related to the Company's core values (found on their website).

Interview Questions

• Describe your writing style. Describe a time you dropped the ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary. Asked for moving allowance instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Was contacted for a phone interview. About a month later I was invited for an on sight interview. Interviewed with two Chief of Staffs. Then taken out to lunch with a current Marketing Associate.

Interview Questions

• What do you forsee as being the hardest part of the job?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

phone interview was straight forward and basic. questions like walk me through your resume etc.

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult, asked to describe a situation in which i was goal oriented   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Offered a phone interview very soon after submitting an application. Had a 45 minute phone interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could go back to the beginning of your college experience and do something differently, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a phone interview and was called to interview in their DC office. The interview was fine. I went in and had a brief tour of the office with another candidate. I then had two interviews, both with two employees. They were very young and it was a little strange to interview with someone who was almost as inexperienced as I am.... I then went out to lunch with a different employee.