The Advisory Board Company Marketing Associate Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

One phone interview. Followed by an in person interview where I met with 4 people. An employee referred me after I submitted my application. They allow the in person interview to be over skype if not based in DC.

Interview Questions

• What on your resume has prepared you most for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

three people interview
    The entire process was not very organized
    The people were not very personable
    The entire interview did not contain thoughtful questions
    not good follow-up questions
    On and on about themselves
    No consistency

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview, then invited to an interview in the DC office, where I had one one-on-one interview and one two-on-one interview.

I applied online in early March 2016, my phone interview was at the end of April, and in person interview was about two weeks after my phone interview in May.

The phone interview is honestly a bit disappointing. The recruiter is just reading through a sheet of questions and basically sticking to a script. She was really hard to connect with. The questions were very basic and easy to answer though. Just have to be confident in your answers. About a week later, I got a call letting me know I made it to the next round.

The in-person interview at the DC office was a breeze and very easy! It started off with an informal breakfast with a current marketing associate. I could ask questions about the interview, learn more about the company, and just relax before the formal interview. This breakfast was not an official part of the interview process.

The interviews in person were fairly simple. I was asked to run through my resume, talk about the role and the company, and some behavioral type questions (all questions are posted here on Glassdoor). Got an email and a call about a week later saying i got the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a high school senior year to attend your college/university?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

I Applied online, and I went to Washington, D.C. for an interview. They asked me to go through my resume. We had a lunch, and I participated in 2 interviews. I was intimidated, but I am glad I got to see this company and had a very positive impression. I liked their office. My interviewer was nice.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

They ask you very basic questions. It's not a great way of deciding who is a fit for the role. It's just your average are you organized, are you motivated kind of scenario. They'll ask you for three accomplishments that you are proud of and how you achieved them. Any generic college experience would fit here if you say it with gusto.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are three accomplishments you are proud of?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation in the contract. They tell you the pay and then they say that it's non negotiable. Also, they save you will see a raise at six months in which is a lie--you don't see it until 10 months and they do not backpay you. Right after they mention the pay they start with the trips/raise speech which you should totally disregard. Bottom line, if you have bills to pay and didn't go to college to have to work two jobs, keep looking.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent off an application and was selected for an on-campus first round interview. Consisted of 30 minutes of behavioral questions, very easy. Then had super day at the main office, which lasted 3 hours and really only consisted of 2 easy interviews. Was extremely impressed by company culture and benefits package. Tons of paid time off, plus extremely generous policy with regard to community service. And they have a gym in the office.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your college. Tell me why I should choose to go to it over others.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. Was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. The first time the recruiter never called and I had to email someone twice to get a response. When she finally called she asked basic questions that weren't difficult to answer, but overall seemed uninterested in what I had to say. Sounded like she was reading from a script the entire time. I thought I did well but then two weeks later I received an email saying I did not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you like your school? What is something your school could improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews and an office tour/breakfast with a current associate. The in person interviews are very fast paced so you have to think quickly on your feet. Make sure you know exactly what the Marketing Associates do and exactly what The Advisory Board does because they will ask in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does the advisory board do? Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and succeeded   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks, applied online and then had two phone screenings. After the phone interview was an in person interview with several members of the department. The interview was easy, low stress. It seemed like they just wanted to confirm you're a normal person rather than determining special skills and qualifications

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with the Marketing chief of staff. It was mostly behavioral and I could tell that they were looking for someone who understood what the company did.