The Advisory Board Company New Product Development Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company New Product Development Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

New Product Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

First round behavioral, second round is a one hour case interview over the phone, and my final round interview consisted of 3 cases throughout the day. The first case given to me was very disorganized and poorly led. The second case was fairly straight forward, examining a business entering a new market and key considerations. I found the experience to be very two sided - I loved the NPD team, but HR was a total mess. After my final round, I was told I would hear back about my decision that week and it took them over three weeks and 3 follow up emails just to send me a standard template rejection email. After spending $1000 on me and what I thought was pretty personal/special experience, I didn't get any feedback on my final round day or why I was rejected from the position. HR needs to get it together and not treat applicants as disposable, because I am now very turned off from what is probably a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Interviewee led case interview involving entering a new market   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

New Product Development Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I applied for a position in the New Product Development department and was contacted to set up an interview for the Dedicated Analyst Position instead, which I accepted. I first had a phone screen and was then invited to continue to the next step, which I told was a Skype interview with a Manager in the Survey Solutions division. During this time, I communicated with two different people, neither of whom identified what position they held in regards to recruiting. Nevertheless, 5 hours before my Skype interview, I was informed it would be a phone interview and most likely case-style questions. I prepped with the case material provided for review and the interview turned out to be entirely behavioral questions. I was then invited for the third round of interviews at the office with another member of the Survey Solutions division. Interview was okay, but it was less of a conversation and more of my interviewer reading questions off of a sheet. I didn't hear from them from a month regarding the position (which, by that time, I assumed I hadn't gotten) when I finally heard back from one of the two people with whom I had been communicating. She was very apologetic for not having gotten back to me earlier. SUMMARY: nice company, nice people, but extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions

• They gave me five aspects of the position and asked me to rank them from 1-5 in order of how much I would like doing them. Twice.   Answer Question

Analyst New Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

The interviewer called me 10 minutes late. Basic questions like walk me through your resume, Why ABC, my strengths It was kind of weird. She asked me questions about research - a research project, challenges while performing research my undergrad major and school, graduate school and program. Irrelevant questions and I didn't get to really talk about anything I wanted to.

Interview Questions

• Favorite subject in my undergrad   1 Answer