The Advisory Board Company Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Product Manager Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed for a new role they had within their company. I had a basic informational interview with a recruiter that lasted over an hour, where I was asked typical interview-type questions. I then had a second phone interview that was an informational interview with a manager within the group. I was recommended to move onto having a third interview with the vice president of the division. However, I was then told about a week later that my background didn't fit what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my ability to manage up and collaborate with peers and leadership, versus having direct reports   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

First applied in December 2014 for a Product Management role, but ended up accepting another offer. Was contacted by the recruiter about 8 months later to discuss a handful of new openings. Completed phone screening and approximately 5 phone interviews with senior management and product leadership. Invited to Austin to interview with Senior Directors, product teams, and developers. Included a working session around a case they provided me 12 hours prior to the meeting. Had a final phone interview with their General Manager of Product about two months later and received an offer about 30 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever discontinued a product? How did you develop the discontinuation strategy? How did you communicate the discontinuation to customers?   Answer Question
    • How do your technical/programming skills influence your ability to work with development teams?   Answer Question
    • How do you define user experience strategy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The recruiter was very understanding during the negotiation phase. I received a strong counter offer from my current employer, which they were able to match. They were also willing to structure a combination of relocation and signing bonus.

Remember that the recruiter you're working is not your hiring manager and that they are incentivized to get you to accept an offer, so you can take a stronger bargaining position with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview takes only 20 min, this is just a basis background check, but my communication skills is bad, I talked a long time with my experience, but the interviewer has no interest on that, I should be concise about that, and change the topic to other direction. After that, the interviewer just ask what programming language I can, and then let me ask question about them.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was exhaustive but thorough consisting of initial screening interview with HR, 2 phone interviews with Director and VP level Management, a 4 hour in-house interview, and lastly a Executive level interview from HQ in D.C.

Interview Questions

• Describe Agile Development from the Product perspective.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After such an exhaustive interview process you will likely want to jump at the offer, but take your time and consider your situation.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in October 2010.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was emailed three days later requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was basic behavioral questions and the recruiter answered several of my questions. Salary was discussed as well as avaliability. At the end of the phone interview, I was asked to come in for an in person interview. Had two 1:1 interviews which both lasted about an hour each (slotted for 45 minutes). Interview consisted of questions regarding my past job experiences, what I can bring to the company, case study, and what the role would be like on a daily basis. One week after the interview, received a phone call asking if my timeline had changed and provided me an update on the position as well. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How would you speak to a client to do a line extension?   Answer Question