The Advisory Board Company Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on website and was contacted by a recruiting coordinating (not interviewer). They were a bit slow to get back (over a week to respond). I got a phone interview with a recruiting professional who was friendly. It was a 30 min interview that consisted of pretty generic questions -- behavioral, fit, and interest questions predominantly. The interviewer talked for much of it about the role and company.

Interview Questions

• Why ABC? What research experience do you have? Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First round telephone interview was exactly how everyone else described it (i.e. research project, why your school, why advisory board, etc.). Second round was a 90 minute written exercise, case style, and a one hour behavioral/ case study. Make sure to send a follow up email for the written case exercise, because in my case the recruiter forgot to send me the prompt. Both written and verbal case studies were easier and more open ended than the cases seen in Case in Point. No math but certainly required structural thought. Both case study questions were framed as such: "what factors/information would you need when considering when..." Make sure to ask questions. That's where I think I failed. Nonetheless I thought I did quite well for never having done a case study interview before but I was informed the next day that they were no longer considering my candidacy. I was really disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Second round interview is half spent on behavioral questions/ one case study. Example of behavioral questions: ( I'm paraphrasing) "give me an example of when your research methodology led to erroneous results? What did you do about it?"   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

The ABC recruiting process is very disorganized and vague. I was lucky to have an internal reference that put me through to a recruiter who got back to me within 24 hrs for interview availability. My interview was scheduled without any communication & I only heard that this was the case because I got an email asking if I had missed our time for that specific day. After a few emails back and forth I was able to reschedule the error on their part & went on to a phone interview. My interviewer was disinterested and asked me questions that were irrelevant to the position. Overall the process was a disaster and extremely unprofessional.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through campus recruiting and sent them a copy of my resume. Later I was emailed with a response within two weeks for a first round behavioral interview on campus. Interview seemed very tailored to the person rather than their skill set (that was the vibe I got).

Interview Questions

• Describe to us an analytical project you've worked on and the challenges you had to figure out in order to succeed?

What skills do you feel you have are relevant to this position?

What is health care research and describe what we do?
      1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in September 2016.

Interview

It was very straight forward. My recruiter basically told me about the position and asked me about things on my resume. There were no cases or brain teasers or things like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Brief in person interview to go through my resume held on campus followed by two interviews held in the office. First was a basic case study followed by a behavioral interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me one example where you showed your leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

Included screening with recruiter, hour-long Skype interview, and 3.5 hour in person case-style interview. Cases didn't focus on traditional math estimations, but focused mostly on logic cases. Some of them were more in a health care setting (also this company really likes "health care" as two words).

The wait time between the different stages was pretty long.

Still in the interview process, so I can't say what the compensation will look like or if I will accept the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

First step: phone interview (resume, experience, why ABC)
    Second step: one hour Skype interview (resume, experience, why ABC, why this job, case study)
    Third step: invitation to DC office, 3 interviews (personal fit, case style) each one hour
    Did not get an offer; received a 2liner rejection email without intentional and targeted feedback. After putting a lot of work into this - very disappointing

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in December 2015.

Interview

nothing particular in the phone screening. the HR wasn't really interested and she asks no more questions after I have went over my background and the projects I did in my resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview the following week. The recruiter just asked several general and not tough questions. But then, no response for long time, like 2 weeks, even though I emailed her twice.

And around 4 weeks after I took the phone interview, they sent me an email saying that they choose to move forward with another candidate…..