The Advisory Board Company Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.6

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a short, 15 minute interview. She was very nice. Role is described as cold and warm calling mostly. You are there to generate revenue and have monthly sales goals. Said I would hear back next week. Appreciated how forthcoming she was about what the role entailed. It's not so glamorous cold calling, but the salary is decent for entry level.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell me what experience have qualified you for this role?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

After I applied online through the company's career page, I was contacted two days later by a company representative. She asked for my availability for a 1st round phone interview within the next two weeks. After, we set a date about 1 week and a half after initial contact. The reviews of the phone interviews, here on glassdoor, prepared me for the interview style which is quick and straightforward. We spent about 25-30 minutes on the phone and the interviewer said that I would be contacted 5-10 business days after the recruiting team deliberated to be informed whether I move on to second round interviews. The interviewer was polite and did not spend a lot of time giving me feedback on my answers and moved on to the next answers which I think is the style of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview was fairly basic. The interviewer called me about an hour early. We talked about my background and the company. She seemed impressed with my back ground, but also gave off the vibe that it did not align with their company.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in which you took a situation that was out of your control and made it yours   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

I had an on campus interview first, and met with an awesome recruiter who asked mainly behavioural questions, as well as a few fit questions.
    Next, I went into the DC office for a preview day, relatively short compared to other super days I have attended. We had a nice introduction, lunch with a current MA, and then two interviews- one 1:1, and another 2:1. Be prepared with questions for managers, as well as examples of experience communicating with executives

Interview Questions

• If you could change anything about your school's administration, what would it be? If you had an infinite amount of money what would you add/change to your school? Why do you want this position/ work at ABC?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and we scheduled a phone interview for later that week. About a week after the phone interview, you are told whether you are being brought in for an in person interview or not.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would tell the administration of your college to change about your college?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you stepped in and used your communication skills to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a friend. First round was phone interview with recruiter then brought in for second round which consisted of two 30 minute interview with Managers (2 at a time).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call a couple weeks after applying and was asked basic questions mainly stemming from my resume. The interviewer obviously had a list of scripted questions, but nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was quick because I was an extern. I got an automatic entry level interview. There were two people who interviewed me in 30-45 minute increments, and all the externs had an opportunity to shadow a sales and marketing associate already working in the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

You will meet with multiple low-level Managers who will sit you down and make it seem like the job is something it is not. Remember, you will just be a tele-marketer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was rescheduled at the last minute which was a bit frustrating. The second went well but it felt like the interviewer was simply reading from a list of questions and not really listening to my responses.

Interview Questions

• Who would you invite to speak at your college commencement?
      Why did you pick your college?   Answer Question