The Advisory Board Company Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

After I applied online through the company's career page, I was contacted two days later by a company representative. She asked for my availability for a 1st round phone interview within the next two weeks. After, we set a date about 1 week and a half after initial contact. The reviews of the phone interviews, here on glassdoor, prepared me for the interview style which is quick and straightforward. We spent about 25-30 minutes on the phone and the interviewer said that I would be contacted 5-10 business days after the recruiting team deliberated to be informed whether I move on to second round interviews. The interviewer was polite and did not spend a lot of time giving me feedback on my answers and moved on to the next answers which I think is the style of the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

First round phone interview was fairly basic. The interviewer called me about an hour early. We talked about my background and the company. She seemed impressed with my back ground, but also gave off the vibe that it did not align with their company.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance in which you took a situation that was out of your control and made it yours   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and we scheduled a phone interview for later that week. About a week after the phone interview, you are told whether you are being brought in for an in person interview or not.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you would tell the administration of your college to change about your college?   Answer Question
    • What is one time you stepped in and used your communication skills to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Referred through a friend. First round was phone interview with recruiter then brought in for second round which consisted of two 30 minute interview with Managers (2 at a time).

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Marketing and Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call a couple weeks after applying and was asked basic questions mainly stemming from my resume. The interviewer obviously had a list of scripted questions, but nothing too difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

My first interview was rescheduled at the last minute which was a bit frustrating. The second went well but it felt like the interviewer was simply reading from a list of questions and not really listening to my responses.

Interview Questions

• Who would you invite to speak at your college commencement?
      Why did you pick your college?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied through my University. First, I was asked to do a phone interview. About a week later, I went in for an in-person interview at the office in DC. I had back-to-back 30 minute interviews with two managers each. I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

Like most of the people here have posted before, the recruiter spoke in a hushed tone as though she didn't want other people to hear her. She also was very monotone and dry, we did not bounce off each other at all during the interview. I tried to get her to engage in conversation but she just wanted to get through the interview questions as quickly as possible.

Interview Questions

• If you could change something about your school's administration, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy online application that was easy to fill out. A recruiter contacted me two days later over email to set up a phone interview. The interview questions were pretty standard and most of the questions are already listed on this website. They responded to all inquiries in a reasonable time frame and overall was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Marketing and Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position through my university's career home page and got an email response within a week to set up an introductory interview. The introductory interview involved basic questions and lasted about 25 minutes. About a week later I got a second email inviting me to the Washington DC office for a set of interviews with a few of the hiring managers. I was given a two week time period to schedule the interview. I had two interviews, with two interviewers each that lasted about 30 minutes. When I arrived, there were five other candidates waiting for their interviews as well. Although it was obvious that I had competition, I felt confident that my background and skill set was a match for the company. I had great conversations with the interviewers and felt as if the interviewers had taken a liking to me. However, I was not offered the position. I was upset that there was no offer, but what made it worse was that the Advisory Board Company did not compensate any travel expenses to Washington DC- which wouldn't be a problem if you were from the area, but a few other candidates, including myself, were from further west. A skype interview would have been sufficient for this step in the interviewing process. Paying out of pocket for a trip to Washington DC for an hour of basic interview questions seems unnecessary.