The Advisory Board Company Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I don't recommend anyone interview here if you come from out of state. They took over three months to reimburse my expenses and wouldn't reimburse some things such as the meal I ate during my interview. My meals were very reasonable and all way below their budget. I mostly ate at fast food places because I didn't know the area. I wouldn't have gone if I knew this would be a problem. Even to get that check I had to email over ten times asking when my check would come. I also think it's not a good sign that they're so stingy about reimbursement because most likely they would be stingy with their employees as well.

Interview Questions

• If you have two eggs what is the optimal way to find out what floor they will break on in a hundred floor building?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter schedule a call. And ask some basic non technical question. About my resume and project experience. Especially about how many years I have been working on a certain framework.

Interview Questions

• You a given 8 balls and one of them has different weight. How do you find out that ball.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (College Park, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on campus, had a talk with an HR person over the phone. She seemed friendly and asked me about my liking and told me what their company really does.
    The interview round: The interviewer was pretty bored from the 1st instant, and didn't seem much interested in the process. It consisted of 3 questions.

Interview Questions

• how do you randomly pick a number
      How to stop a number to generate again and again
      2 Answers

, Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in September 2016.

Interview

Talked about my resume for a bit then went to interview questions. The entire interview was around 45 minutes to an hour, and for the technical questions he first asked if I had heard of the problem before. If not, he wanted me to work it out aloud.

Interview Questions

• One question was a brain teaser about 8 balls with a scale and how to determine which ball was heavier.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied at the career fair and got an on-campus interview. First they asked me about myself and something on the resume, and then 3 questions to solve. Finally asked me questions about their company.

Interview Questions

• Given 8 balls, 7 of them weigh the same, one is different. Find the different one.   Answer Question
    • 5 pirates: A, B, C, D and E. They will make a proposal to distribute 100 coins in the order of A to E. If 50% or more agree with it, this proposal is applied, otherwise the one who made the proposal gets out and the next one make a new proposal. Every pirate is completely reasonable. What proposal should A make to get the best he can?   Answer Question
    • Initialize a card deck(A to King),(spade, heart ....) and shuffle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Auburn, AL) in September 2016.

Interview

Basically technical questions, HR is super nice and friendly, he was trying to speak slowly to make sure I can understand the question. I would love to work with them.

Interview Questions

• There are 8 balls, one is a little bit heavier, how to use judge scale to figure out which one is that heavier one.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited my college campus through a STEM fair. I sent in my resume and applied online. I was then contacted within two weeks telling me that they would like to have an one to one technical interview on campus the following week.

I have made it through this round and now will give a presentation over any project that I have done over Skype. (Currently awaiting results from presentation round)

Interview Questions

• Give all the benefits and disadvantages of using a hash table.   Answer Question
    • Four people must cross a bridge at night and they only have one torch. Person A can cross the bridge in 1 minute, B in 2 minutes, C in 5 minutes, and D in 10 minutes. The bridge can only hold two people at a time. You must have a torch or be next to a torch to cross the bridge, and the slowest person on the bridge at any given time must hold the torch. What is the smallest amount of time that everyone can get across the bridge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy, you need to prepare well for coding questions which is nothing new. I was interviewed on campus and next step was on-site interview. The process was smooth, it was a 45 min on campus interview and they had brain teasers as well as coding questions on time complexity, lists, arrays etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Campus interview. They emailed me about the campus interview and asked to schedule a time. They had 2 interviewers that day. It is not very hard though. The interviewers are very nice.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resume and projects. A lot of Cloud systems design questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company.

Interview

I just got a initial phone interview in which they asked about the resume, projects that I have done till now, what were my contributions towards my team project and why I want to be a part of it. It was easy, the recruiter was very friendly but I didn't like the way follow up after the interview.