The Advisory Board Company Strategic Research Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company Strategic Research Consultant Interview Questions

2.7

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week and a half later to schedule a phone screening. I provided a lot of times and they replied with an interview time. Perfect.

When it was time for the interview, my interviewer was about 5 minutes late. We talked and I could tell she was reading off of a script and she had me walk her through my resume. In total, the entire interview was about 20 minutes long and she ended by telling me what next steps would be if I was chosen to move onto the next part of the process. She also mentioned that they were specifically looking for people who would commit at least two years. Finally, she mentioned that I would know within a week either way. About 5 days later, I received a generic email stating that I would not be moving forward in the process. Overall, pretty straightforward, if not very personal.

Interview Questions

• Q: Walk me through a research project you completed
    Q: Tell me about you research experiences as a whole
    Q: Why do you want to work at ABC?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone call with HR recruiter. Standard questions about work history and goals. Asked about accomplishments in current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

got an internal referral for the opportunity to interview.
    got a call from HR to schedule a first round interview over the phone. the first round was a basic fit interview..what i am currently doing, why advisory board, research skills, and expected questions such as teamwork, writing skills.heard back in a week or so for another round of phone interview, which was a case interview..case interview was a hospital business related question. pretty basic actually if anyone has been reading any book on how to solve case interviews. helps to know some healthcare related cases.
    heard back in a couple weeks. they asked me for a writing sample for which i sent them a published peer reviewed paper.got called to DC, three interviews and a writing test. interviews were with practice manager and 2 managing directors. apart from some basic questions, there were case interviews. unlike typical case interviews involving numbers, these were based more on discussions and broadly how you would tackle a given scenario. 'segmentation' is the key! writing test was to evaluate writing skills..they give an hour. the whole in person interview went pretty well i thought, and felt pretty good at the end of it.. a couple weeks later, unexpectedly, i didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• how would your boss/PI describe your strengths and weaknesses ?   Answer Question

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was a little odd. The person was nice and asked all the "standard" job interview questions but based on the reputation of the company, I expected a more in-depth, dialogue based conversational interview. This was very boilerplate, anywhere USA.

I would have liked the offer but from my understanding, the job would not have been a great fit and the interview was a little bit of a turn-off.