The Advisory Board Company User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Advisory Board Company User Experience Designer Interview Questions

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in November 2013.

Interview

After an initial phone interview that lasted an hour, I was given a design problem. It was a detailed test with rationale and explanations behind why it was given but it was not completely appropriate for the job I thought I was interviewing for. I was working with a recruiter as an intermediary so I was unable to get feedback or have the dialog I was hoping for with the company or interviewer. Feedback from the company was very slow to receive and after several phone interviews that lasted an hour each, I am unsure of how the interview went since it took so long to get feedback. I ended up taking an offer with another company without ever hearing any feedback from this one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Advisory Board Company

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company in August 2010.

Interview

2 initial phone interviews, one with HR and one with one of the VPs. VP Interview was much more in depth, about an hour, asking about my experience, education, describing their business model, etc.

Was invited to an in person interview, to last 5 hours with 5 people, 1:1 interviews. Asked to complete a "design test" to bring to the interview. I was given a design problem pertaining to something they were currently working on (so it wasn't a hypothetical) that would result in a solution to a problem about how to display certain information. Was told not to "stress out" over the design problem, to spend only a couple of hours on it, but they wanted a screen shot quality solution. Couldn't be a wireframe, needed to look like a real UI. I spent more time than 2 hrs on it, quite a bit more, because I wanted it to be a good solution, and I wanted it to look slick.

Interview went really well, I came away feeling positive about my skill set matching exactly what they were looking for, better than I had expected in fact. Had great report with the ux designer & the front end developer I interviewed with. The negative here is that not only was there no offer, but there was no feedback as to why. I attempted to obtain feedback twice, and both times got a canned email from HR.

Interview Questions

• design a solution to the following problem (how to display multiple sets of data) must look like a screen shot, no wireframes.   Answer Question