The Advisory Board Company Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.8

477 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on website and was contacted by a recruiting coordinating (not interviewer). They were a bit slow to get back (over a week to respond). I got a phone interview with a recruiting professional who was friendly. It was a 30 min interview that consisted of pretty generic questions -- behavioral, fit, and interest questions predominantly. The interviewer talked for much of it about the role and company.

Interview Questions

• Why ABC? What research experience do you have? Walk me through your resume?   Answer Question

Analyst, Health Care Strategic Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Thought it went well overall and I thought I was engaging the interviewers throughout (I even made on of my interviewers laugh during the case study which reflected my cool demeanor). I also thought I had great ideas in the writing component of the application

Marketing and Sales Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I got a call a couple weeks after applying and was asked basic questions mainly stemming from my resume. The interviewer obviously had a list of scripted questions, but nothing too difficult.

Analyst, Health Care Strategic Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and heard back within a day. I had an initial phone interview with HR. HR missed the initial interview time, but then emailed me to apologize and explain the situation. We were able to reschedule for later the day. Very basic interview, 30 minutes long. She asked a lot about my resume, research experience, and presentation experience. Received an email the next day saying I had moved on to the second round. This was to be a 1-hour phone interview and a writing exam. It took me about a month to schedule it because the HR person was out of the office for a week. I kept following up, but then it was the winter holiday, so I received no response, not even a computer-generated email saying that they were out of the office. It was a bit annoying. Finally heard back i the new year with more details about the second interview and writing exam. Second interview consisted of 30-minute behavioral and 30-minute case questions. Behavioral questions were straightforward and asked more about my experiences and how I respond to different situations. Case interview was relatively easy and consisted of no math. The writing exam was similar to the case interview. I received an email the next day saying I had moved to the third round, in the DC office. Interviews were to be similar as the second stage one. I had a total of two. The first one was easy and straightforward. The case also had no math. For the second interview, my interviewer was 15 minutes late. He showed up in a baseball cap and jeans and told me he would have to cut the interview 15 minutes early. He was also pretty cocky about it. I thought it was pretty rude. He asked me about an experience on my resume, then focused on the case interview. This one had math. All in all, a pretty strange interview experience, especially the in-person one.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline? If so, how did you handle it? What was your favorite class? Tell me about x, y, z experience.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was quick because I was an extern. I got an automatic entry level interview. There were two people who interviewed me in 30-45 minute increments, and all the externs had an opportunity to shadow a sales and marketing associate already working in the company.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

I simply had the first telephone interview. I had received an internal referral and the company actually matched me with the Consultant role. After that referral I was contacted after 3 days to schedule a general conversation style phone interview. The emails were professional and to the point. They also gave me a link to follow and read up about the Consultant position. The interviewer called me at the proposed time and went through very basic questions which lasted maybe 25 minutes. After that she said she'd present my profile to the hiring managers on the teams with open positions and they would get back to me. Since I said I was open to other positions than Consultant, she said I'd have good chances since I have several years of experience in healthcare management and higher education. My friend in the company said they really try to find the right fit for you so don't apply to several jobs on the site if you get the phone interview. HR reiterated this. I didn't even get an in-person interview despite it having gone very well over phone, and despite my internal referral. I'm disappointed.

Interview Questions

• I have your resume here in front of me but I'd like you to present your background for me in your own words.   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to consider other positions and where do you see yourself developing in the Advisory Bard Company?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

One phone interview. Followed by an in person interview where I met with 4 people. An employee referred me after I submitted my application. They allow the in person interview to be over skype if not based in DC.

Interview Questions

• What on your resume has prepared you most for this role?   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

HR makes it very difficult for process to go smoothly, but if you work around them, it's a 4-5 interview process, 4 over the phone, 2 in person. writing sample, business case analysis. the process

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story I will find interesting   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

There were multiple rounds to the process: these included a first-round 30 minute behavioral interview, a 90 minute writing exercise, an hour-long phone case interview, then 3 final round in-person interviews, each one hour long.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Advisory Board Company (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

You will meet with multiple low-level Managers who will sit you down and make it seem like the job is something it is not. Remember, you will just be a tele-marketer.