The Advocator Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Advocator Group

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Multiple phone calls, reminders and questions. Phone interview, then a in person interview with two of management or higher. Questions are generalized: what is your greatest accomplishment/failure, we're you reliable and at work everyday, do you think it is okay to call out just because... They are looking for truly compassionate, healthy, genuine, detailed and reliable individuals. If you possess these qualities and are truly dedicated to being in a career position where you are always professional and energetic with a smile pasted on your face (no matter what you may be going through outside of work), then you will fit in well. Pay is great for area, benefits are okay compared to other local companies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for The Advocator Group?   1 Answer

Intake Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advocator Group.

Interview

Met with employees who work the position as well as supervisors. These interviews were individual and lasted about twenty minutes each. The overall interview was about an hour and a half long.

Interview Questions

• Questions relating to experience as well as willingness to learn.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Lake Mary, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

After being selected to interview, I was emailed 2 assessment tests before anyone spoke with me. Apparently, I passed the first assessment which was 2 pages of adjectives asking you to select words that people would use to describe you; the 2nd page was select words you’d use to describe yourself. I was then emailed a 2nd assessment test which was predominantly in-depth math analysis questions. It was a timed test, and you had 20 minutes to complete 50 questions. Ridiculous. I’d like to ask this company: what salesperson sold this software package to you? They apparently made a hefty commission. I’ve been in HR for years, and every HR Director I’ve worked under thinks assessment tests are a complete waste of time and money. I agree. You’d be better off talking to job candidates in person or speaking with them on the phone! Neither of which you did. Furthermore, your assessment tests did not work correctly online. The answers I selected would not record, and the test did not “time” me at all as instructed. I immediately reported this to my company contact via email. Did I get a satisfactory response? None whatsoever. My advice: as an HR professional, don’t waste your time with this group.

Interview Questions

• Complete 2 assessment tests online.   1 Answer

The Advocator Group Response

Apr 12, 2019

Thank you for your feedback; we are sorry to hear that you felt frustrated by our recruiting process. Our interview/screening process is extensive in order to help us identify candidates who are the... More

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Wakefield, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 supervisors. They specifically are looking for people that have worked in a call center environment and have worked with KPIs and/or other forms of quotas. Medical terminology is really needed to be successful at this job, but the supervisors are not trained in medical terminology themselves, so they don't feel it's necessary. Only one of the 3 supervisors worked as a Client Advocate.

Interview Questions

• I asked them what the turnover rate was like and if they ever laid anyone off. They seemed to be caught off guard by this question, and were not forthcoming with their answers.   5 Answers

Negotiation

I negotiated salary. I asked the HR person how long she had worked there and she confessed she was a temp contract and not an employee

Client Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at The Advocator Group.

Interview

when I first started it took less than 4 days to get hired. The interview process now is very extensive for the simple fact that we want to continue to have strong performers for the type of work we do which speaks highly of the company as they don't just hire anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Wakefield, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four managers in a matter of two days, and had a background and credit check done, and yes, my references were checked by an independent/private firm. And just an *FYI*, ALWAYS research the company your interviewing for. They will ask if you have any questions for them, and you will! Research and write it down if you have to

Interview Questions

• "If an employee called, and had to say one thing about you, what would they say?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Wakefield, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

In the course of 2 days I met with 3 managers. The interviews went really well. Great and positive experience. Always be prepared and come with questions. Research the company before you interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, accepted the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2019.

Interview

Quick and easy. No need to get worked up and nervous about the interview. They just wanted to talk and get your honest opinion. I think they want to make sure people can apply empathy to the clients and handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• What frustrating situation have you been in and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Advocator Group (Wakefield, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

It was easy and straight forward. Nothing more to say. I got a call back for the Job the next day and accepted it. But kind of wish I hadn't

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at The Advocator Group.

Interview

Good initial interview w VP. Brought back for second interview, disorganized, and interview started 1/2 late. Met w HR Director, and 2 other so-called VP's. Impressed w HR Director, but things went south from there. It's not a wonder they have a rating of 2.9. Get rid of your old VP's and start over.