The Aerospace Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.5

Electric Propulsion Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (Champaign, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I was set up for a 20 min behavior interview with my hiring manager. But that interview turned into a technical interview and lasted for almost an hour. During the interview, my hiring manager asked me about my research and one of my class called electric propulsion. The questions were fairly difficult, but the manager said it was okay if I did not know. I got the offer two days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite hobby in college?   1 Answer

Unspecified Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (Washington, DC) in April 2017.

Interview

An afternoon discussion with two individuals who were both executives in the corporation. We spoke on the phone first, the week prior, for them to decide if I would be a good fit. It was a very good experience overall and enjoyed the fact that it was more of a discussion rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to wait for the right opportunity if given multiple offers from multiple companies?   1 Answer

Software Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and HR reached out to me 2 weeks later. They set me up with a project manager for an interview, and 3 weeks later I received an offer. Very easy process.

Director, Business Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in December 2016.

Interview

HR rep reached out via email to establish phone interview with hiring manager. Technical recruiter followed up with phone call to confirm education, previous roles and responsibilities, and salary requirements. One hour telecom with hiring manager followed days later.

Interview Questions

• All the questions (approximately 15) were behavioral based. Give me a time when you disagreed with your boss and how did you resolve it or give me a time when there was an internal conflict among the team and how did you resolve it type questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (El Segundo, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Gave a presentation on a school project and then had multiple half-an-hour technical interviews with different managers throughout the day. The hiring manager said he would call me back and let me know his decision but never did.

Interview Questions

• Write code to check if parentheses are balanced correctly   Answer Question

Member of the Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (El Segundo, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was the beginning of the summer (around May) and I was applying to a ton of jobs. I had googled top 10 places to work for Aerospace Engineers. This company was on the list. I applied to as many positions that seemed relevant to me that I could. I randomly got a call in the beginning of September to interview over the phone. The interview lasted approximately 2 hours. It started by the interviewer telling me about the company as a whole and what he does there. Next we talked about my resume and my internship experiences. Next we talked about behavioral questions... tell me a bout a time when you had to make a tough decision... etc. The last portion of the interview was technical. I was asked about how I would solve certain problems (I waasn't actually asked to solve them... just what things I would need to calculate in order to solve them.)

I was then told at the end of the interview that the interviewer would be gone for vacation for the next 2 weeks and to not expect a call. Early the next week I got another call from the company. It was a different hiring manager that worked in the same section. He asked if I would be interested in working for his group. I said I was open for it. He then explained what his group does and more about the company... Two weeks later I was on a plane for an onsite interview. The day I arrived in LA I got a call from the first hiring manager telling me that II had not been selected for the position.

My onsite interview consisted of four 1-on-1 interviews with all of the managers in the group. These interviews were each an hour long. They all varied. I was never asked to solve any problems and I was never asked any formal interview questions. I would describe these more as conversations for them to get to know me and my interests. Each manager also explained specifically what their sub-group did. I also had to give a 30 minute technical presentation on a research topic of my choice. In addition to this I had an "interview" with HR. This was more of an information session for me explaining benefit highlights and company culture. I was taken to lunch with a few of the managers. I could tell that this was meant to be a more relaxed break in the middle of the day but I was pretty nervous so I had to force myself to make conversation. The managers asked me a lot about my interests outside of work during this time.

After the interview I was allowed to stay an extra day to go explore the area. They rented me a car, paid for my hotel and covered all my other expenses.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview:
      Talk about your resume... tell me about your professional experiences.
      Google top 10 behavioral interview questions.. I was asked basically all of these
      Technical - How would you draw the shear diagram for a cantilevered beam wth a dead force applied at the tip.

In-Person:

Discuss resume
      Talk about personal research interests
      Nothing technical except the presentation (this is a lot less scary than you think... they are very supportive and don't grill you with tehnical questions about it)   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

This company was very stuck up during the hiring process. During my interview, one person actually told me that my school was unimpressive and they see people from that school interview all the time. The process was tiring and they flew me out to the area, only to not get back to me about the job for 3 months. It seems they don't really care about your work experience in the field but are rather looking to hire as many PhDs as possible to make their workforce seem more "elite."

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation (Chantilly, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Intrusive background process. They require copies of my college degrees, release of my transcipts and my last pay stub. It was a fairly easy, panel style interview with a list of questions they run down and write down the responses. When we got to the end and I started asking questions such as "Are there younger employees on staff?" No, I would be the youngest by far, the ave age is 55. "Are there social events such as happy hours and a holiday party?" No, all the introverted engineers just want to go home and there's no holiday party, just a luncheon. "Would it be hard to move up since there's only a 3% staff turnover?" Yes, it is a slow ladder to climb. I think I made them uncomfortable because after only 10 minutes of my questions they suddenly had something to go to after 5 pm... I had to call to follow-up because they never bothered to call or write me back.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation.

Interview

Day Long interview, piece of cake compared to some of the interviews I have gone through. I got a job offer essentially day of verbally. Overall it was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just your background, skills, what you bring to the company and what your career goals are   Answer Question

Project Lea Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Aerospace Corporation in May 2016.

Interview

Consisted of phone interviews, and in person interview with a pane. Interviwers did not have a set number of questions. A bit disorganized. The job description and the job are seldom aligned, there is not formal process for figuring out what is going on. HR is not well organized.