The Amundsen Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Amundsen Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Amundsen Group (Burlington, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process moved quite quickly. My resume was submitted by an employee and I was contacted for an initial case-style phone interview within 24 hours. The interview was with a consultant. A week later, I was contacted to perform a "technology assessment" which is essentially a timed Excel exercise to test your data analysis skills. A week after that, I was contacted for yet another case-style phone interview with another consultant. I was then invited to the office for a 4+ hour in person interview in which I had individual sit downs with four employees of varying levels, including another case, and then a lunch with two associate consultant. All together I was given 5 cases, 4 over the phone and 1 in person. They were your pretty standard business cases, challenging but not impossible if you do your homework in advance.

The employees were generally very friendly and clearly very smart - they often like to mention how they only hire the brightest minds - and genuinely interested in getting a feel for how I would fit within their team. The exception was one woman who immediately sought to put me on edge by saying if it weren't for the employee referral, she would have never considered me as an applicant, and then passive aggressively insulted my graduate program as inferior.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Amundsen Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Amundsen Group (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview- 2 mini cases, one was probability, the other was market sizing/business framework
    The probability question came out of nowhere, had nothing to do with a typical case you would see although I was led to believe it was going to be so I freaked out and could not think to solve it.
    Consultant that was interviewing me was a bit rude, he did not let me finish the second case as I had spent too much time on the first, and told me right there that I was not a good fit, which was a bit rude and unprofessional in my opinion

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Amundsen Group (Burlington, MA).

Interview

I applied online through my school's job board. A week or two later I had two back to back 30 minute interviews on campus. The individuals from the on-campus interview process were very friendly and nice, and I was very excited to go up to their office for a full day of interviews.

After this, I had to do a skills test, which basically was how to perform different functions in excel.

When I went up to their office, I had 4 or 5 interviews and lunch with a few new hires. Although I liked most of my interviewers, there was one that was abrasive and rather rude. I will detail his question below. This really turned me off from the entire company.

Interview Questions

• Most of the cases were pretty easy and built off of the cases listed on their website.
      However, there was one case where I was asked to solve unemployment in Bermuda. Know where bermuda is, and think about the industries there. Think about how you can count the number of people going into and out of the country.
      1 Answer

offer package, location (it's in the suburbs in an office park), having to work long hours and weekends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at The Amundsen Group (Burlington, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Had five different interviews:
    1. Phone interview with HR
    2. Online technology test (excel and SQL)
    3. Phone interview with consultant (behavioral and case study)
    4. In person interview with two senior members (behavioral and case study)
    5. In person interview and lunch with numerous team members

I got through all the rounds, and they seemed to really like me. But, after all that, they didn't give me an offer and gave no reason for it.