The Art Institutes Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Art Institutes Assistant Director of Admissions Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.6

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on their website and was scheduled for a phone interview the next day. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview two days later. I met with the Director of Admissions who was very professional and asked normal interview questions. After leaving the interview I was called about 30 minutes later to come in for the third and final interview which was scheduled for three days later. I met with the President of the department who really went into detail about the position itself and what they would be looking for if I were selected for the position. After meeting with him I talked to HR for about 15 minutes about the culture of the company. Everyone that I spoke with and met with were very professional and they have been great with communication as far as whats going on with my application. The day after my third interview the man that conducted my phone interview e-mailed me asking how the interview went, which I thought was very nice. I was told I would hear back either way within in a week. It has only been two days so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I get an offer I would love to work for everyone that I spoke with.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Art Institutes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

First I took a personality test. If that goes well you will be asked in for an interview. I interviewed for about an hour with two managers in the area. I was called two-ish days later and asked to interview with the President of the company. It went very well, she was easy going and very nice. I was told they would contact me in about a week. It has been a little over two weeks now so I'm assuming I did not get the job. I will say that everyone I spoke with was kind, professional, and easy to speak with. I think they have great programs and should be proud of what they have built. I would have loved to work with the president of the company because she seemed to have a very similar background as me and I think I could have learned a lot from her.

Interview Questions

• They asked to role play speaking with students and convincing them to enroll in a program.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position after seeing it posted on Indeed.com. Approximately 5 days later, I received a call from a recruiter who conducted a telephone interview with me. He then forwarded my information to the hiring manager of the particular location I was interviewing for. She called me a few hours later, did a short phone interview herself, then scheduled me for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview itself felt more like a discussion rather than an interview. The hiring manager talked about the culture of the place, what her expectations are for someone in this position, and what it would take to be successful in the position. She also asked me about my responsibilities at my current position and some situational questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Charleston, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Web based application followed by in person interview and decision making within 7 days; I had prepared questions to ask interviewer about things that they wanted in the person they would hire for this position, and I think that impressed slightly. Found some of the questions difficult to answer without knowing a little more about what they defined as "team work" and how they handled recruiting on weekends.

Interview Questions

• Big question was "How would you relate to someone with a background clearly different than yours and get them to want to come here as a student?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First of all, the ADA position is pretty much an admissions rep. Also, they do a drug test so for anyone on drugs, just be aware. The interview was pretty basic. They were just asking why I want this position and what I can add. They said it is sales and they do check everyday on apps. They were asking about my experience with high school students as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview included a presentation of the job duties. After presentation, those still there were interviewed for a few minutes. I got a second interview as well as an assessment online. Second interview was more personal, with questions about my experience and what I would contribute.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Come in for info and get called back in for interview. Job was offered a few days later. The interview questions made you think somewhat, but were not overly hard. I was interviewed by two different people and was told about the job and some of the pitfalls.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

Invited to a group session where they gave an overview of the job and benifits candidates were then all ed to ask questions before we met one on one in a mini five minute interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me how you experience would translate to this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online through AiS careers page. Was called a week later to set a phone interview day and time with HR. Had HR phone interview a couple days later. Lasted about 30 minutes. Was asked basic "qualifying "questions. Was told at the end of the phone interview that she would like to set up an in person interview for the following week. Went in the next week and meet with the Director of Admissions and a lead ADA. Interview lasted about an hour and then they asked me to sit down with a recently hired ADA to chat about her experience and viewpoint on the position. That lasted about 30 minutes. Two weeks after my in person interview i was called by the Director and given a job and salary offer which i negotiated and after about a ten minute conversation , i accepted the position at the new negotiated salary. I started at AiS exactly 2 weeks later wuth one other person.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the best and worst supervisors you have worked under?
      How do you handle constructive criticism?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the offered salary over the phone at the time of employment offer. There was an obvious am out of wiggle room the Director had to work with and salary negotiation seemed expected on the companies behalf.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call to come in for an in-person interview after about a week. The interview ended up being a presentation for everyone that was called back, which was about 6 of us. If you were still interested, after they gave you the overview on how "amazing" the company is and how most of your time spend will be on the phone making cold calls to get students to come to the school, you could stay for a in person 5 minute interview due to the others waiting. It was basically a meet and greet. It felt positive, but after a week passed I sent her an email with no response and another a week later without any response on the process. To me, even if I didn't get the consideration for another interview I felt the lack of respect of my time even after trying to get an update through email.

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that I might know based on your resume?   Answer Question