The Art Institutes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Art Institutes Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Charleston, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

Web based application followed by in person interview and decision making within 7 days; I had prepared questions to ask interviewer about things that they wanted in the person they would hire for this position, and I think that impressed slightly. Found some of the questions difficult to answer without knowing a little more about what they defined as "team work" and how they handled recruiting on weekends.

Interview Questions

• Big question was "How would you relate to someone with a background clearly different than yours and get them to want to come here as a student?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First interview included a presentation of the job duties. After presentation, those still there were interviewed for a few minutes. I got a second interview as well as an assessment online. Second interview was more personal, with questions about my experience and what I would contribute.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (San Diego, CA).

Interview

First of all, the ADA position is pretty much an admissions rep. Also, they do a drug test so for anyone on drugs, just be aware. The interview was pretty basic. They were just asking why I want this position and what I can add. They said it is sales and they do check everyday on apps. They were asking about my experience with high school students as well.

Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Hollywood, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Quite possibly the most unprofessional interview I had ever been on. The manager giving the interview was taking calls, responding to emails, and allowing subordinates to walk in and out of the office during our conversation. Almost all of my answers were either interrupted by one of these distractions or she would cut me off mid-sentence.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company that keeps laying people off?   Answer Question

Financial Aid Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. I received a phone call in response to my resume submission, and scheduled a face to face interview after a short conversation. The interview was with the Campus President, as well as the Associate Director of Student Financial Services. After the in person interview, I received a verbal/written offer two days later. Overall, I had a very positive experience and accepted the offer without hesitation.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with CampusVue as it relates to Student Accounts and Financial Aid.   1 Answer

Academic Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Approx. 1-hour interviewer with Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, the Dean of Academic Affairs, and the Director of Institutional Effectiveness. Seemed like a pretty standard interview, with all three interviewers reading off of a list of questions. They said they would have a hiring decision within 7-10 days. However, to the best of my knowledge the position has not yet been filled.

Interview Questions

• Name one time that you had a confrontation with a student or another faculty member. Explain how you handled it and what you would have done differently in retrospect.   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Tucson, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

First there was a information session to ensure it was the job you were searching for. Then you were called back fro an interview with the Director. They also had you sit with someone in admissions and observe. I ended up meeting with the president of the company. there is room for growth he told me as long as I was willing to relocate.

Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone interview, behavioral interview and a group interview. There is a brief presentation on expectations, work at AI, and career services before questions. I was interviewed by the director, the regional manager as well as the campus president.
    They were really seeking a person that was the right fit for the job moreso than the exact experience. I liked that they wanted to get to know who I am and why I want to work for the company. I'm glad I prepared by reading about the company, its mission statement, etc.

Assistant Director of Admissions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art Institutes.

Interview

The process was pretty easy. Come in for info and get called back in for interview. Job was offered a few days later. The interview questions made you think somewhat, but were not overly hard. I was interviewed by two different people and was told about the job and some of the pitfalls.

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Art Institutes (Charlotte, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I talked to the director of the program, asked about my education and past teaching experience.He asked me to prepare a presentation for the class that I was going to teach. I got very well prepared and got satisfactory results. He told me about the program and gave me information about the classes that I was going to teach. It was a very positive, pleasant interview and I was very content during my time working there.

Interview Questions

• They asked to do an example presentation, the whole faculty watched and approved me.   Answer Question