The Art of Shaving Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.5

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and one face to face meeting. I was told I would receive a follow up 2 days later and never contacted. Don't say you will do something and not follow up.

The position has been open for several months, you would think the company would move with a sense of urgency to fill the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uncasville, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Uncasville, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Very laid-back, we sat in the barber shop in comfortable chairs and had a casual, yet professional conversation. The manager made a point of not only making sure that I was a good fit for the company, but that that the company was a good fit for me. All in all the interview made me feel respected. Most of the questions based on my qualifications were pretty standard.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Lynnwood, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

first interview with DM, normal process. second interview with DM and RM, both face to face interviews. normals stuff seriously just need to meet the 30 word minimum here la la la la

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy. The manager was quite nice. I was asked a few questions. I went over my previous work experiences. I was asked to start immediately. The process was easy and not hard at all. The manager explained all duties that I would perform and gave insight on how to learn all of the products that were offered.

Interview Questions

• When do you think you can start?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

Most of it was over the phone. My first two interviews were in person with the store manager and then I received a follow up phone call with the District Manager. After that, I received an email with a form that had to be filled out. Once that got filled out Corporate had to approve and add me to payroll and then I received an email and a text with my official start date. I know the interview process may vary for everyone, but hopefully this information helps.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior retail experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for what I thought was the average hourly in the mall. I said I would expect to be paid between $13-$15 dollars, but looking back $13 is low. It is probably more than most employees, but at this company $14 or $15 is average. I would be firm and say a solid number like $15 because of course as with negotiation you want to ask for more. The worst is that you are told no and then the company makes a lower offer.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

An in person interview with the store Manager, then one phone interview with the District Manager followed by another interview with the store Manager showing demonstration technique. The process was painless and I was treated with warmth and respect. Overall, I would say that it was a positive interview experience. none of those overrated, idiotic "interview" questions that companies feel they have to ask.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing to know about selling.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving.

Interview

Very very long process - 5 interviews over 2 months - 4 phone interviews - 1 face to face. Very hard to get follow up call or to find out what the next step was. Always late to phone interview and in person.

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

They treat it like a six figure salary interview. If you're looking to pay someone hourly, treat the interview as such. It was a three stage interview with the store manager, the district manager and then the regional manager. This was all for just an associate's position. The only person that I interact with on a day to day basis is the store manager. The company should trust their store manager's judgement to hire someone in at the entry level.

Full Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

very easy, asking question about yourself. mostly describe the job and what are the goals, Talk about what AUS is, the store expectations, i personally had to go through three interviews first one was on the phone with a store manager, second one was with my employer and the third was with the district manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you like the art of shaving?
      Talk about your selling experience?
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

they said the pay coming in was a decent amount and it was what i expected but they offerd me 2 dollars less i took it any way

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Art of Shaving (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Very simple. You will have to do a phone interview and then do an in person interview. Just know some information about the company and the four elements to a perfect shave.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to drive business if business is slow?   Answer Question