The BEHR Paint Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

R&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (San Luis Obispo, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was non-technical with a recruiter and the second was technical with the potential manager or mentor. Both were phone calls and the people were very easy to talk to.

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional
    Got a phone interview by the recruiter
    Second phone interview was with the HR representative
    Third phone interview was with the hiring manager.
    Hiring managers are in California, so difficult to get a face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions...weakness; strength, etc.   1 Answer

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

They did a really good show to put up how to pick which candidate is good from the 15 plus people of Temporary to interview for 4 open position. It was a fair game.

Interview Questions

• How long have you work and which project have you work on?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I apply and get contacted by a recruiter two days after, then get scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager that same week.

Phone interview goes very well, it was about skill set and experience. Manager then says he's going on vacation and can't meet face to face in sooner than 2 weeks. So I wait, no problem.

Second interview finally comes around, it was all behavioral (very old school interview approach considering it was an analyst roll). Manager then asks me to come back for a third interview on Friday of that same week. Friday comes and I never hear anything.

Almost two weeks later I get asked to come in for the third round very last minute (1 day in advance). So there I go running again. After the third interview I am told they will let me know their decision by Friday of that week at the very latest. I was left in the dark for almost two weeks. Finally, I reach out to recruiting for an answer. I am told they selected another candidate.

Respect your candidates time.

Interview Questions

• If you were a salesperson how would you pitch that you are the right candidate?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company.

Interview

I received a brief phone interview from HR asking about previous work experience. Then I had the on-site interview with hiring manager and some team members. They asked me about my experience with technical tools since it's a IT job. They were all really friendly and made sure I was comfortable.

Interview Questions

The BEHR Paint Company Response

Jul 10, 2017

Thank you for your review! We love to hear that our candidates feel comfortable and are greeted by friendly employees during their time with us for interview!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Over the phone interview, then in person interview with 2 supervisors. Spoke with HR rep 1 week after giving my resume at a school event, then interviewed in person 1 week after that.

Interview Questions

• Asked why I am qualified for the position. What my 5 year plan is. What questions do I have.   1 Answer

Jul 24, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for you review. We are glad that you had a positive experience and we hope that you enjoy our internship!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (Orange, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview seemed too casual and the interviewer was unclear and uninterested but she was nice.
    However, HR was quick in conducting a phone interview and subsequently an on-site interview. Seemed like they offered plenty of internship opportunities in different fields

Senior Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Fairly simple. Apply through the Masco Website, get a call back from a recruiter within Behr. Go into the "Fishtank" for a few tests to include; writing an offer letter (make sure to use the term "Goodwill Gesture"), and then answer a mock customer phone call from the director. She's easy to outsmart, just be gracious with the "mock customer", ask for a sample of the substrate in question or a few pictures and ensure the "mock customer" that you will resolve his/her issue.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are really easy, unless you haven't studied the garden variety questions you might be asked. Don't let the Directors wry demeanor get to you. It seems they are looking for the right fit at first, but they are looking for non thinking patsies.
      Make sure to ask how many temporary to hire employees they have hired in the past year and if the "90 day to hire" to make sure "You are a good fit" is real....expect the eyeballs of the interviewer to look away when answering this question. Integrity and honesty is not a key component for Behr when hiring a Temp employee. Additionally, ask how many "temp to hire" employees are still at the company from 6 months to a year ago....crickets!   Answer Question

Negotiation

State what you want. However, with Behr sales rapidly decreasing and the competition rapidly increasing, one can surmise that the hourly rates have gone down quite a bit.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I got a call from HR and did a mini interview over the phone about the positions that were available and which fit they thought was best for me, since I applied to multiple positions. They were super nice and I thought I didn't do too well, but I went through to the next level - where I would talk and interview in person at BEHR. That interview was very casual and laid back. I met with the director and one of the head managers of my department and they asked me very few questions, but it was a nice conversation instead. It didn't last too long (maybe 20 minutes) but a week later I was offered the position. Both the director and the manager spent time talking about their own experiences with interviews and explaining what the position would entail as well as what opportunities I would be presented when hired.

Interview Questions

The BEHR Paint Company Response

Aug 21, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that it worked out and that you joined our family!

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. I responded quickly with a wide range of available days and times. No response. I followed up two additional times and still no response. Interview never happened.

Interview Questions

• Are you available sometime time week for a 30 minute phone call?   2 Answers

May 10, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you had a negative experience , we hope that if you see a role again you are interested in you will apply again.

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The BEHR Paint Company in January 2013.

Interview

Lots of steps to even get an interview - phone interview, online questions, resume submittal, online application, second online application process, another phone interview

Interview Questions

• Never asked anything about software until the second phone interview and then decided that the software knowledge was mandatory when nothing was mentioned in the any of the process   Answer Question