The BOSS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process, yet all made me feel at ease and welcomed. There were great questions, yet they weren't trick questions, they genuinely wanted to get to know me and discover if I was the right fit. I went through a phone screening with the recruiter, followed by a phone screening with my immediate boss, and an in-person interview with the person my boss reports to. The progression was natural and allowed me to learn more about the company, and also validated my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your boss, what would he/she have to say about you?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview and 2 in-person interviews with the branch manager and the second was with the regional manager. The initial call with the recruiter went very well. All 3 interviews went great, or so I thought. I spent over $40 in garage fees and $50 in gas to get to these and was told I was a top candidate only for them to go silent and force me to track them down for a reply.

Sales and Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was reached out to by the Branch Manager. My interview consisted of four parts which were over the course of two weeks. First, I spoke over the phone with the Branch Manager, then spoke over the phone with the Corporate Recruiter, then had my in person interview and lastly had a phone interview with the Regional Supervisor. Overall, a very positive experience. Everyone I spoke with was outgoing and personable. No trick questions. My in person interview was very relaxed and unscripted.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose would you describe yourself as hate to lose or love to win.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was organized and efficient. My first meeting was a phone screen with the HR Recruiter. This was a good first step because I knew before coming in and taking time off I was interested in the position. I then met with most of the team which included the Recruiting Manager, Regional Director, a Manager within the company and two key decision makers in their corporate headquarters. After the phone screen and an in person interview I met with one more individual and then the verbal offer was made within the week. The feedback during the process was timely and all my questions were answered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences managing a recruiting and sales team?   Answer Question
    • What makes a good manager?   Answer Question
    • What abilities, skills and previous experience would make you successful in this role?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Bethesda, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone screening asking general questions about who I am and what I do, and then I was brought in for an interview and skills exam: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. The exam took around three hours altogether, and they even sent me a sort of study packet beforehand with generic things to prepare for. They were very friendly and seemed like they really wanted to get to know me and what I want to do.

Interview Questions

• More details about my background and experience, what I want to specialize in if anything   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was quick, in depth, and flexible to me schedule. Everyone was warm, responsive, and hospitable. I was asked if I needed/wanted any coffee upon my arrival and the office was busy, but clean and everyone was friendly to me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking and what are you looking to do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

I found the job posting through a third party website (posted on LinkedIn or Indeed). Shortly after I applied online, I got a call from a corporate recruiter at TBG. It was a short call and the woman asked general questions about my background and work experience. She then scheduled a time for me to come into the office in person and interview with the Branch Manager and Recruiting Manager. The recruiter was very personable and friendly, and she gave me the names and titles of the people I would be meeting with, as well as recapped the position responsibilities so I could prep myself with transferable skills from my past work experiences.

The in-person interview was a pretty casual process. My first thought was that the office looked modern and welcoming. I first spoke with the Branch Manager (who is no longer with the company due to personal reasons). He was very friendly and straight forward, which was refreshing. He brought me through the history of TBG and his career path within the company. After speaking with him, he switched with the Recruiting Manager (who is now my manager). Along with the normal interview questions, she also brought me through her career path. Hearing their experiences with the company really helped and showcased that there is definitely growth opportunities.

After this interview, I got another call from the corporate recruiter saying I'm moving along in the process. The final step was a short phone screen with the President (sounded intimidating, but the recruiter prepped me and assured me it would be a pretty basic conversation). The phone screen went very well-- Conor is a super nice guy and wants to make sure anyone who is hired is 100% a cultural fit which is absolutely appreciated. It also meant a lot that he took some time out of his busy day to call an entry-level candidate.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any recruiting experience in the past?   1 Answer

Creative Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. I did a phone screen and set up an interview the next week. I met with the hiring manager and everything seemed to go fine; I was told explicitly that I would move on to the next step and meet with one of the VPs. I thanked both the hiring manager and the recruiter the next day, and the recruiter also explicitly said she'd set up a meeting. Then...I never heard from either of them again, despite multiple attempts at contact.

Interview Questions

• Rank the following in order of priority: money, environment, stability.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

The account manager took the time to get to know me and my work, provided a good assessment of the roles for which I qualified, described health communication agencies, and how the Boss Group worked.

Interview Questions

• What positions are you interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I was referred to the job by a previous co-worker, and she called me and scheduled me to come in and meet with the team. First, I met with the Branch Manager, who asked me all about my previous experience, and what I am passionate about most. She also asked me about my strengths, weaknesses, and why my previous positions did not work out. After meeting with her, I was lightly interviewed by the other key players in the branch, which made me feel so special; they all took the time to meet with me and talk with me for at least 5 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• (I had been jumping around from job to job, and was trying to find my home) So the Branch Manager asked me: What about this role makes you want to stay for the long haul?   1 Answer