The BOSS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at The BOSS Group

2.7

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with corp recruiter, phone screen with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager and President of firm.

Interview Questions

• What my passion is? And am I adaptable to learning new ways and doing things for the company sake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pleasant, looking for a win - win situation.

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was organized and efficient. My first meeting was a phone screen with the HR Recruiter. This was a good first step because I knew before coming in and taking time off I was interested in the position. I then met with most of the team which included the Recruiting Manager, Regional Director, a Manager within the company and two key decision makers in their corporate headquarters. After the phone screen and an in person interview I met with one more individual and then the verbal offer was made within the week. The feedback during the process was timely and all my questions were answered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences managing a recruiting and sales team?   Answer Question
    • What makes a good manager?   Answer Question
    • What abilities, skills and previous experience would make you successful in this role?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I had one phone interview and 2 in-person interviews with the branch manager and the second was with the regional manager. The initial call with the recruiter went very well. All 3 interviews went great, or so I thought. I spent over $40 in garage fees and $50 in gas to get to these and was told I was a top candidate only for them to go silent and force me to track them down for a reply.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Washington, DC) in April 2018.

Interview

I received an email from the BOSS group HR saying they wanted to set up a call with me. They contacted me on Thursday and asked for a phone interview on Friday. At first the time was set up for 11:30 then promptly moved to 12. It took me about an hour to reply to their email and then... I DID NOT HEAR BACK.
    I waited for two hours Friday for their call. Called the office, and emailed the person who contacted me, and nothing. I’d say don’t even bother with these people because they really have shown not to value the time of those interested in becoming a part of their team.

The BOSS Group Response

Apr 23, 2018 – Director of Marketing

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. Your feedback is important to us as well as correcting any miscommunication there might have been at one of our offices. I would like to suggest you... More

Associate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Very thorough process, yet all made me feel at ease and welcomed. There were great questions, yet they weren't trick questions, they genuinely wanted to get to know me and discover if I was the right fit. I went through a phone screening with the recruiter, followed by a phone screening with my immediate boss, and an in-person interview with the person my boss reports to. The progression was natural and allowed me to learn more about the company, and also validated my interest in the company.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your boss, what would he/she have to say about you?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was quick, in depth, and flexible to me schedule. Everyone was warm, responsive, and hospitable. I was asked if I needed/wanted any coffee upon my arrival and the office was busy, but clean and everyone was friendly to me.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking and what are you looking to do?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Was Initially emailed by a recruiter looking to set up a phone screening and responded once I got home from work (which was about 2 hours later) and expressed my interest in learning more about the position and to share my qualifications. I didn't get any response that day or even that week. I then sent 2 follow up emails the following week with no response once again. This is completely unprofessional and says a lot about the type of recruiters that may be working here. It's a shame, I was extremely excited when I initially got contacted.

Production Artist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at The BOSS Group.

Interview

Interview with 3 different people

Negotiation

Production Artist Interview

Interview

I applied online to a couple of jobs through the BOSS Group and was contacted within a week. They brought me in to take an exam on my knowledge of some Adobe Creative Suite programs-- pretty basic stuff they walk you through with step by step instructions. I met with my account manager who seemed genuinely interested in helping me to find a job. I had an interview at a great company within a week and was hired on the spot. Most positions are temp positions.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult thing will be the exam. I wouldn't really call it an interview. Just make sure you know everything on the study guide they send you and it will be easy.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The BOSS Group (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter regarding a project management position over instructional designers. Was set up for a face-to-face interview within a week. Had the face-to-face interview and then had a phone interview with another manager. Was told initially they were looking to hire quickly and could hire someone within a few weeks. Total time between meeting with a recruiter and having the two interviews was about two weeks time if that. Once that happened everything went completely silent. I was periodically updated on the status of the position and was told that the client had not come through with the scope of work therefore they could not move forward with bringing someone into the position. I was told it was down between myself and one other candidate. This was around September. Come December a decision still had not been made. I was still told that the client was not prepared with the scope of work and therefore they still could not bring someone into the position. It is now February and I have not since December heard anything else about the position. I assumed the position was either canceled or put on hold but I do not know what happened. Overall the people were very nice the interview process was not difficult however disappointed in the lack of communication. I typically do not consider contract work due to prior bad experiences but this company seemed to have everything together so I was very excited at the opportunity. This experience just further confirms why I do not trust contractors due to the uncertainty of the clients. From this point on I will not be considering contract positions in the future.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about delegating resources for a new project that needs to be assigned to a designer for a project?   Answer Question