The Babcock & Wilcox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Babcock & Wilcox Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Babcock & Wilcox Company

2.9

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Interview

A little lengthy process, but very relaxed when the interview was conducted, not very formal at all, they make you feel at home.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barberton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Barberton, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

In interviewing process was not asked many questions. The job was described in detail to me. I was able to ask questions and my questions were fully answered and explained in detail.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my greatest achievement was.   1 Answer

Welder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folkston, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Folkston, GA) in August 2011.

Interview

Weld test, 3/8 inch plate w/o backing strip using fluxcore welding. you had to fill the gap however you feel is best, then grind it, cut it into 1 inch strips and bend it to make sure it would hold up, and not fold up under pressure

Interview Questions

• Can you weld? How long have you been welding?   1 Answer

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Akron, OH).

Interview

The interview was lengthy about a 7 hour ordeal. They hiring process matched the length. About, 3 weeks of emails and telephone conversations throughout the day. Truly, they spoke more about the company than questions they asked me. There were two separate interviews, with 4 separate people, followed by an informal interview disguised as a tour.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barberton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Barberton, OH).

Interview

Very simple process with HR screening applications. Two stage interview process. First met with HR specialist then with Hiring manager. Once done met again with the HR specialist. Within 2 weeks was informed that an offer was going to be made and after negotiations of a few days I accepted.

Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Interview

One interview, with 2 higher ups and one person of similar job placement who had been there 20+ years. Just wanted to show what to expect and ask me why I felt I was qualified for the position.

Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and face to face. The group panel went very well, I believe. I sit in a room with 2 other people one of them was on video. I felt a positive vibe, when i mention I was in the army, senior IT guy mood kind of changed. He later told me he was in the Navy, I think this affected my chances sadly.

Interview Questions

• About help desk topic nothing hard, when you been doing it all your life.   1 Answer

The Babcock & Wilcox Company Response

Feb 5, 2018 – Babcock & Wilcox Company

We appreciate this feedback. Consistent with our commitment to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, B&W embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides... More

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barberton, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Barberton, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

They have very professional and rigit interviews process. It is not panel interview , but take a whole day for presentation, group interview and peer college interview. A lot of behavior questions, and strict on time. Overall, very good experience and friendly people.

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Interview

preliminary interview with HR, then another with hiring manager. Started off OK, I suppose, but then he started asking questions that only current employees would know. Every company sets up a site safety program differently.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to set up a job safety program.   1 Answer

Engineer I Interview

Interview

The interview was easy and very warm feeling. The managers didn't drill you with questions. The different managers all took turns in getting to know u one by one and it made the interview so much at ease.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy with a very good human resources department