The Babcock & Wilcox Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Babcock & Wilcox Company Interview Questions

Interviews at The Babcock & Wilcox Company

2.9

Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Interview

The interview was a basic on campus interview. It was based on meeting at an information session put on by the employer. This was just an initial interview. This was just to narrow down candidates for second interviews.

Safety Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Interview

preliminary interview with HR, then another with hiring manager. Started off OK, I suppose, but then he started asking questions that only current employees would know. Every company sets up a site safety program differently.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to set up a job safety program.   1 Answer

Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Charlotte, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and face to face. The group panel went very well, I believe. I sit in a room with 2 other people one of them was on video. I felt a positive vibe, when i mention I was in the army, senior IT guy mood kind of changed. He later told me he was in the Navy, I think this affected my chances sadly.

Interview Questions

• About help desk topic nothing hard, when you been doing it all your life.   1 Answer

The Babcock & Wilcox Company Response

Feb 5, 2018 – Babcock & Wilcox Company

We appreciate this feedback. Consistent with our commitment to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, B&W embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

I traveled to Cincinnati for the interview. They took us out to dinner. Went on a plant walkdown of a coal boiler in Kentucky. When we got back we got back we had 2 interviews a piece.

Interview Questions

• What would be the hardest thing for you to deal with if you had to relocate?   Answer Question

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barberton, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Barberton, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

In interviewing process was not asked many questions. The job was described in detail to me. I was able to ask questions and my questions were fully answered and explained in detail.

Interview Questions

• They asked what my greatest achievement was.   1 Answer

Welding Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Akron, OH).

Interview

The interview was lengthy about a 7 hour ordeal. They hiring process matched the length. About, 3 weeks of emails and telephone conversations throughout the day. Truly, they spoke more about the company than questions they asked me. There were two separate interviews, with 4 separate people, followed by an informal interview disguised as a tour.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euclid, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Euclid, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Before the interview, there was about 200 questions about situations, personality, math, etc. Then came in for a face to face interview. First met with two Process Engineers, then met with Two supervisors, one being the hiring supervisors. Then on the next day met with the hiring manager. All very friendly and thorough.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a manufacturing process problem?   1 Answer

EHS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company (Cleveland, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with typical interview questions. Meet on site for face to face interview with plant manager and EHS Coordinator separate interviews. EHS Coordinator gives you a tour of the plant and ask questions about some of the processes.

Interview Questions

• If you could live forever what would you be most proud of/accomplishment?   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

Interview

The interview was easy and very warm feeling. The managers didn't drill you with questions. The different managers all took turns in getting to know u one by one and it made the interview so much at ease.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy with a very good human resources department

Technical Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Babcock & Wilcox Company.

Interview

One interview, with 2 higher ups and one person of similar job placement who had been there 20+ years. Just wanted to show what to expect and ask me why I felt I was qualified for the position.