The Berry Company Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Berry Company Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at The Berry Company

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

It's a four step process where you go into interview by meeting with a manager, then you meet with two other managers one on one, then you go through a questions and answer process and then have to do a cold call presentation with one of the managers listening.

Interview Questions

• trying to conduct a cold sales call while the manager is on the other line   Answer Question

Negotiation

they wouldn't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for The Berry Company

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at The Berry Company in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not difficult. I first received a phone call, then scheduled a the over the phone interview for the following day. Unfortunately, we had to reschedule due to a unforeseen circumstances.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about sales terms that I had no clue about, but I knew the concept.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

Phone interview, then 4 more interviews including doing a sales simulation over the phone. Lengthy process for an entry level job. First you do a phone interview with an HR screener. Then if you pass that, you do 2 one on ones in the same day. Then if they want you to keep going, you come back and do a 3rd interview plus a sample sales call.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was told - incorrectly that there is no negotiation on the offer - I found out I was offered less than most others at the same time. I outperformed them all and was not considered for a raise.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Initial contact at a career fair. A few days later got a call to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was difficult. A lot of very specific, detailed questions. I seemed to have passed though, as the recruiter set me up with another phone interview with the Sales Manager. This interview seemed much easier than the previous one. Fewer questions that were not very detailed. Mostly just personality assessment questions. I was told to check my email in the coming days to see if I would move on to an on-site interview. This email was quick to arrive. I would not be moving on. Other than the final email telling me I had not moved on, correspondence was slow. After the initial phone interview, I was told I'd receive a call in 48 hours. 4 days passed before I received the next phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when something did not go as planned and you had to troubleshoot the situation. What was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in High Point, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (High Point, NC) in June 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. Pretty common method in hiring. 2 weeks of training. 1 over the phone interview and 2 in person interviews. Questions were common and you have to make one mom sales call to a manager. Not difficult but a little nerve racking

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Dayton, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter then I was moved onto another phone interview with a manager. I was then brought in for a face to face interview and to do a role play.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a time when a customer was worried of the potential risk of failure and how did I respond to that   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was already set amount. so no real negotiating took place.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Berry Company in October 2012.

Interview

Phone call for initial phone interview, then scheduled in person interview. Normally apparently they have 3-4 interviews before an offer is given but I had all my interviews done in one day.

Interview Questions

• I had to make a "sales call" selling their products which I knew nothing about. I was given about 15 minutes to prepare and then called them to do a sales pitch. As long as you have sales experience this shouldn't be that hard but it was very "on the spot"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations were available. Set hourly rate plus commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Berry Company (Saint Peters, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process wasn't that bad at all. I did a phone interview and was then asked to come in person the following week. When I went in I conducted 2 face to face interviews and did a role play sales call. The following week I received an offer but declined due to the VERY poor pay..... I was offered $26K as a base salary with commission that should put me in the $50-$60K range. I currently make twice that in base salary alone and also receive commission and bonus...... Make no mistake about it, this is an entry level job. You need not apply unless you need experience or you're desperate for a job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what we do?   1 Answer

$26K base salary is a joke for the skill and level of experience I am at

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Berry Company in June 2014.

Interview

Refer someone and you get $'s!! I was contacted by the hiring recruiter over the phone and completed a phone screen. The phone screen was to find out what my job at the time entailed, what all I knew about the position I had applied for, and why I wanted to work at The Berry Company. Confidence is key! I was then invited to meet him in person. I had a quick convo with him before doing a mock sales call. I was placed in a room to go over a customer situation and what products I would be offering to him. Being articulate and having a good tone of voice is key! I had no idea what I was reading and doing but apparently the way I spoke over the phone was great, and I remembered to asked for the sale at the end of the mock sales call!! You are then called back into the office to speak with the hiring recruiter (who also happens to be a Sales Manager, and you might be on his team.) If he likes you, he passes you to the next Sales Manager and then another Sales Manager and then the District Manager. If you don't see all Managers, you are not going to get hired. The questions are very easy. As long as you are confident, can hold a conversation, and have some sales experience, then you will more than likely get hired. I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car for 5 1/2 years in management, so being offered a job at The Berry Company felt impossible but ended up being possible!

Interview Questions

• Will you enjoy being on the phone all day and in a cubical?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$60,000/year at least. If you aren't making that much or more, then you are not doing your job. That means the job isn't for you.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Berry Company.

Interview

Phone, then in person, then in person with head manager. Then waited then got hired then started the job. I don't know what else to write but they require 30 words to move on to the next step.