The Blackstone Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Blackstone Group Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY).

Interview

I received an email asking for a phone call to "get to know me." Took the phone call a few days later and never heard back. Even after numerous emails to check on status, still there was no response.

Interview Questions

• What's you opinion on the hotel industry in New York City.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Blackstone Group

Analyst Interview

Interview

On campus first round, followed by in person interviews and a super day in NYC. Met with most members of the team, with a combination of fit and technical interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

After meeting with a friend of a friend that worked at Blackstone, he introduced me to another Managing Director that was interested in meeting with me. The Managing Director was very friendly and made it clear that the firm's interviewing process prioritized character and integrity over ambition and prestige. He gave the impression that Blackstone was a first rate organization filled with professional people who manage to live relatively balanced lives.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Was referred by a friend. Met a couple people in a casual context then had a 30 minute phone interview. I applied out of the analyst program so it was an expedited recruitment process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Was introduced by a employee reference, started with HR phone screen, then 3-4 rounds of in-person interviews. Process lasted a couple of weeks. Interview was mostly conversation based with a lot of finance, accounting, and technical questions thrown in. Less direct behavioral questions but they evaluate behavioral fit through your interactions.

Interview Questions

• When you have two companies that are similar but with different valuation multiples, describe what could be the cause of that. (with follow-up questions after)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group.

Interview

First round met with 2 HR people and another analyst, mostly fit questions. Very big on "why BX?". Took about an 2 hours total.

2nd rounds were a week later with hiring manager, two other managers, and another analyst. A little over 2 hours. Almost all fit. They want to make sure that you'll get along with the group and are competent enough to do the job. Heard back a few days after 2nd round with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In line with street, no negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

i went for gurgaon and office well organized.

the process was fast and was happy with the Hr response time, interview took one day only. interview was not tough or easy.

Interview Questions

• excel questions
      vlookup,hlookup,sumif,countif,match,index match
      Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in January 2011.

Interview

Well I learned about blackstone from a friend and applied. I got the interview for a saturday morning and went over there. I talked to some dude for about 2 hours and left with a job offer. I am happy at the company. It is god.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in May 2010.

Interview

The environment was very relaxed when I first walked in. There were lots of professionals in suits walking in and out of meeting rooms while I was waiting at the reception area. Everyone appears to be very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Based on your academic and previous work experiences, what brings you here?   Answer Question