The Blackstone Group Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Blackstone Group Intern Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone Interview where you are asked about your work or school experience. If the phone interview goes well you will be asked to come in for an in person interview. The first round interview takes places with employees at the analyst and associate level. Final round interviews will take place with vice presidents and managing directors.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Blackstone Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online, first round interview on campus, SuperDay in NYC office. Five interviews back to back, partially technical and partially fit based, know your resume like the back of your hand, interviewers tough but very nice

Interview Questions

• Cash on Cash
      Real Estate Investment Valuation Measures
      Market Trends   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I used a staffing agency, Ladders for Leaders. They provided me with a recommendation a GIANT foot in the door. As for the actual interview process, all I had to do was go through a phone interview. The SVP of Talent Development asked me questions about my resume and what leadership roles I possessed in college and before. The interview was very short and I received confirmation about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Mainly questions about the firm, my resume and leadership positions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I sent in my application and within a few days I got an email to come in for an interview. The second I stepped into the interview, I was handed a paper test of programming questions to write out. There were four questions:
    1) I had to make my own version of Integer.parseInt(string) that would be able to work on any base
    2) I had to do 4 queries on a set of tables and then explain what made these tables good and what made them bad.
    3) I had to make a function with time complexity O(n) that determines what elements are in one array and not in the other
    4) I had to make an XML parser
    I was given 30 minutes to complete these questions. After the test, I spoke with two individuals and they analyzed each piece of my resume asking very detailed questions about things I have done many months to years ago.

Interview Questions

• I had to make an XML parser and no where on my resume did it say I am familiar with XML   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was not any different from any other intern-like interview. Discuss your skills, why Blackstone, discussion of what a typical day-to-day at the firm looks like, etc. Also, they were interested in what questions I had about the firm and this particular department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Met at career fair at school. First round interviews at school. I was interested in software engineering role. First round interview included several basic questions on datatypes and recursion.

Interview Questions

Looking for internship in different field.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews with three people each. was contacted 1 week later with an offer. the entire process from the day i submitted my application to the day i got my offer was one month. everyone was really nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• a few technicals but mostly fit questions, resume explanation, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I was sat down in a room and had six different people interview me. Each one had technical questions to ask me, mainly on DCF. Had to go in depth with each element of the DCF from FCF to WACC and APV etc. Pretty rough.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Blackstone Group in January 2010.

Interview

Very technical