The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) Interview Questions

Updated May 29, 2017

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register)

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) in April 2017.

Interview

I spoke with someone who made sure to tell me -multiple times - that he has been working at the company for about 40 years. He called me a "job jumper" when it came time to review my resume and wouldn't let me discuss reasons for leaving my last two companies. He seemed angry when I brought up reviews by employees here on Glassdoor, and cut me off twice when I tried to ask questions about the interview process. His condescending tone and bad attitude were a big turn off. I stopped the phone call after about 10 minutes and let him know that we weren't a match.

Interview Questions

• It wasn't really a question. It was more like this "The contractors you'll be calling won't be available at convenient times for you so you will have to make 80-100 calls a day and some of them are very early or very late in the day. So... you'll have to be OK working from home, on the phone, and for many hours."   Answer Question

Business Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register).

Interview

Started with a phone interview and lead to a face to face with the area manager who was not friendly and unprofessional seemingly unsure of his status and never sold the product himself. Had to role play and take a test . It was miserable experience and

RBDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Role Play, 3 step process, really in depth, they do their best to hire right, be prepared, be ready to sell yourself, do research on the company. Be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary   1 Answer

BDC Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) (New York, NY).

Interview

Three interviews, last one in New York. I first met with the recruiter. Then I met with the sales manager, then I met with Chuck Nash (At the time he was the National Sales Manager). He was really interested in customer follow up.

Interview Questions

• All kinds of questions. They want pro pit bull to sell 24hrs a day, seven days a week. They want people to put the company before their family.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) (South Florida, FL).

Interview

3 interviews, lots of questions, role playing in interview, be aggressive and confident. They are looking for bright people that can think on their feet and will stay with the Company for many years, so be sure to point out loyalty as a strong trait. Do your homework on the company before you go...they are over 100 years old for starters.
    Make sure to look good. Put your Sunday clothes on as they say.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer who told you they didn't want to be in The Blue Book anymore?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jefferson Valley, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) (Jefferson Valley, NY).

Interview

I applied for a position internally by submitting a career opportunity form and my resume. It took well over three months to be called for an interview! After the first interview, I had to wait almost two more months for the second interview, during which the position was described quite differently than the job description that was posted on our internal HRIS system. It was really frustrating to wait so long for a response, and then find out it was all for nothing. They ended up not even hiring anyone for the position, and shortly after the entire department was restructured.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted the position, and they explained in detail what the position entailed, what it could become, and what the position used to be previously as it hasn't been filled in several years. The initial description was something I wanted, but turned out to be more copy based than anything. I was also asked to think about if it was the right fit, and what my long-term goals were.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register).

Interview

The process consisted of meeting with the Sales Manager and the Regional Sales Manager followed by a meeting with one of the Sales VP's. It was a standard interview -- they really want you to be enthusiastic about print advertising.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wanted to negotiate on vacation -- but that was not an option

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register) (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

This was a 4 step process.
    1. Meet with area manager
    2. Pitch area manager and regional manager on product
    3. Ride along in the field
    4. Job offer
    You must also take a couple of online tests to assess your fit and personality.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Blue Book Network® (Contractors Register).

Interview

Roll play, and a few interviews

Application

Interview

Lots of interviews and role playing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

slow and they don't negotiate