The Body Shop Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Fort Myers, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

Managers at The Body Shop are extremely professional and excited individuals, specially the manager at The Body Shop located at the Edison Mall. I received a call, to schedule an interview and after the interview, they called me a week after for a 2nd interview. After a week of the 2nd interview I was hired.

Interview Questions

• A situation where the costumer was angry, how can you solve it without loosing the costumer? and lease lining!   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered 9.50 and I said yes.

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

As others said, the initial "interview" is done as a demonstration; A manager will guide you through an example of a customer product demonstration and expect you to follow her lead. You aren't expected to know the product very well although; it helps to have a favorite product in mind before going in. It also helps to have sale experience. The next part of the interview was the ordinary face to face in the food court, My hiring manager was under the weather however, it was still an extensive questioning. be prepared! Study the questions and the company!

Interview Questions

• There were about 17 questions; most quite ordinary, however some that stood out were…
      What are some of your favorite products and why?
      Why do you want to work for the body shop?
      How would you coach an under preforming employee?
      Who was your best manager and who was the worst?
      How do you like to be managed? (no Idea how to answer this one)
       What does excellent customer service mean?
      As a manager, how would you deal with a difficult customer who has become irate?
      (least favorite question) As a manager, put these three things in order from most important to least, Customer service, Coaching, Operations.
      (hint: Customer service is important… but how do you get good customer service from your employees?)   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

2 total interviews, one with the store manager and the other with her boss (some interviewees' second interviews are with a nearby store manager). The first interview was selling and people focused, and most questions related to my prior experience. The second interview was much harder, and it focused on managerial questions.

Interview Questions

• What Body Shop value do you most align with?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop in June 2013.

Interview

Easy. Only one interview with Store Manager. Hired within 3 days.

Negotiation

Yes, I asked for 11.50, received 12.00

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Ridgeland, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process wasn't unique but did fell better than most companies. Everyone seemed to genuinely like the company and it values. They reinforce the values and ethics of the company in every interview step and carefully make sure that they choose someone that will represent the brand and carry out the goal.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the The Body Shop and its Core Values?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is only set amount that they can pay anyone for this position. It isn't very much and depends on the region that you are in. If you want to make the maximum, then you most prove that you are worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Orlando, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Prior to interviews a personality/ skills test was given. If you score over a certain amount they call you for an Interview. Interviewed a few days after skills test with 2 Shop Managers, Phone interview with DM 1 week later. Total time took approx 2 weeks and a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you disagreed with a superior, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe is a successful team?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Company is great, pay is ok unless Ft Mgr or Shop Mgr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devore Hghts, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Devore Hghts, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Basically gave me the run around the store manager hired me on the spot we talked for about a hour she hired me on the spot she told me to call in a week to get a jump in paper work i called and email

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face. More often than you might like to believe, hiring candidates isn’t among interviewers’ favorite pastimes. Instead, it’s a necessary evil that requires them to drop whatever else they need to get done on any given day and engage in small talk with a bunch of strangers.

This can be taxing for even the most extroverted of decision makers, especially if they have a lot of projects, deadlines, and demands going on in their world

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

There are a lot of questions about your accomplishments and your goals. They're very sale oriented and all they care about is hiring a good sales person that can manipulate a person into buying enough to meet their sales goals. Be charismatic and and strike up a conversation about the shop with the manager during the interview. Ask lots of questions about the store and brush up on your product knowledge to really impress!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you were performing a make-up application on a customer and another customer walked in with a return and is being very impatient?

Give me an example of how you would sell a product to a customer.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Spoke with store manager of the store I was interviewing for, another closeby store manager and the district manager during the interview. Normal questions were asked of me, including my experience, "what would you do" and "what have you done" situation-based questions, management style, how I plan on driving sales, my customer service skills, "downtime" work, delegating tasks, holding to goals etc.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences in retail management, how have you handled challenging customers?   Answer Question