The Body Shop Christmas Temp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Christmas Temp Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.0

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I loved the interview. It was a group interview with 8/9 other girls applying for the job. You had to wear all black (your uniform). There were two tasks which you had to do with a few other interviewees. It was fairly relaxed, probably one of the easiest interviews I have done.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask any questions, but there was an expectation to have some knowledge of their brand and its ethics.

They also asked for you to 'sell' a product to each other, but you won't necessarily get to choose which one unless you're lucky.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied online in mid September for a Christmas Temp position. I was called a week later by the manager of the shop and asked if I had 10 minutes to complete a phone interview. It was a bit nerve-wracking as I was put on the spot and would have preferred to have time to prepare, but after answering the interview questions I was offered a trial shift in the shop. I was called a few days after the interview to arrange a date and time for the trial shift, and was told that The Body Shop does not have a uniform anymore but it was requested that I dress 'smart'. I went in for my trial shift on a Saturday, and it was very busy in the shop. I was quickly told about the promotions that were available in the shop at the time, and that I would be standing at the front of the shop with the new seasonal product (Vanilla Pumpkin). The manager told me that at The Body Shop customers expect to have a conversation with staff, and that staff should try and get customers to involve their senses with the products (e.g. smelling the product, feeling the product on your skin, etc.). I was then left at the front of the shop to chat with customers and talk to them about the product. When the shop quietened a bit the manager came over and told me that if no new customers were coming in I can smarten the displays and look busy around the shop, so it was mostly left to me to gauge when I should be doing what. It was quite intimidating to be given one of the most difficult jobs as your trial shift (customers often try and avoid people standing at the front of the shop - I know I do!), but thankfully I'd mentally prepared myself by reading other people's reviews on here. The staff in the shop were lovely and supportive, but I think the experience was a bit too intense for me. The whole process lasted around 30 minutes, and I was told that I would be contacted by phone or email by Monday, but I didn't feel like I had done particularly well. I didn't hear back until late on Wednesday, when I received an email that I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions