The Body Shop Customer Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Customer Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and after a quick phone call from the store manager, I was asked to come into the store for an interview. A few weeks later the offer was made. I would guess that in total the entire process took maybe a month.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had excellent customer service, and why that experience left an impression on you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Braintree, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I sat down with the manager and she asked me a few questions. It was low pressure, very friendly. After the interview I was brought into the store and interacted with a few costumers using a few demonstrated sales techniques. The interview was fun and easy going. I then had a phone interview with headquarters and was called in to work the following week

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Ontario, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long, took about 3 months. I applied at the beginning of March and didn't receive a call for my first interview until early May. I was told to apply online and apply in person by the manager at the time. The online process was very time consuming, a lot of basic questions about personality and scenarios at work. The part that I didn't understand was the last part, it was an online quiz and you had a time limit of 10 minutes to answer as many math questions as you can. The math questions were not simple at all and me having terrible math skills, bombed the whole thing pretty much. Clearly it did not matter because I received a call back a few months later.

I think had my in person interview with the manager of the store at the time, and it was pretty basic. He was very interested in me because of my previous work experience at Lush Cosmetics, knowing that I had a strong knowledge of products, ingredients, values/ethics, etc. So it didn't even feel like an actual interview. Once the interview was over, he told me that I will for sure getting a call before the end of the week after he contacts the district manager.

About 1 week later, I called to follow up with the interview and a girl answered the phone and told me that the previous manager had to leave to go back home and that she was now the acting manager. She invited me back into the store to do a "floor trial" to see how well I interacted with customers. Once I got to the shop, she told me she wanted to re-do the sit down interview. I had no clue why because she had all of the previous notes and the go ahead from the previous manager/district manager. This made me kind of nervous because what if she didn't feel the same way about me as the previous manager? (I have very high anxiety and this was just making it 10 times worse but I mean it wasn't her fault she was just doing her job.)

So we did the sit down interview again, same questions. She as very different from the previous guy who interviewed me, she was a lot more serious. Then we went back into the shop and they had me "lease line" (which is basically just standing in front of the shop doors with a bowl of samples) for a bit to see how well I can get customers attention. It was kind of awkward though because it was a Sunday morning and the mall was completely dead. I did attract 3 customers though, and they ended up coming into the store! Then myself and the acting-manager did some role play on different customer scenarios. With my previous work experience at Lush Cosmetics, this was quite easy for me considering that's what I was trained to do.

She then told me afterwards that she really thinks I would be a great fit for the team and that I should be expecting a call from her by the end of the week because she had to get the go ahead again from her district manager. I got the call that Saturday that I got the job! Currently I am waiting for the email she told me I was going to get to fill out all of my personal info, then I can start working!

I decided to make this post because while I was letting my anxiety get to my head about this job interview, I was constantly reading all of the other posts others have made about The Body Shop interviews and I found them extremely helpful.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a great fit working for The Body Shop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

It was quick and easy. You get interviewed by the Store Manager . Then a trusted Store Manager from another store. A lot of the questions were there to give your personality a chance to shine. Personality and Individuality is big to the company because they do not want average sales people. They look for people who can establish relationships with customers to make them spend the big bucks.

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Consultant position and received a call back about a week later. I had two in person interviews. One at the location I applied at and one at a different location. Both of these interviews went very well. Until they wanted to schedule a third interview.

The third interview was supposed to be a phone interview with the manager for the district. This phone interview was rescheduled on there part not twice but THREE times. The third time it was rescheduled, the interviewer never called me at the set time which is when I finally decided not to take the position. Three strikes, you're out as they say.

If you're going to take a month to hire someone after meeting them twice and then you don't call them at a set time and you do this several times, why would anyone want to work for you company?

If you're going to treat people like this during the interview process then you're more than likely going to treat them this way as an employee.

I felt so disrespected through this whole thing. And it is a shame because I would have been great for this company but the interview process was BEYOND tedious and an overall disappointment. But I believe I dodged a bullet getting a position here because the hiring management has no regard for anyone trying to get a job here.

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Had to sell and demonstrate a product ... Very easy interview the first step was to bring a customer in the store within 10 mins .. Then on with your 1:1

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

The interview process took about a week to two weeks, and I am a seasonal hire. I'm not sure if it is the same for a part time or full time employee.
    I applied on their website, online. Then, I was contacted two days after by my store manager. I set up an interview in the store with him for the following week. After that, I was given a second interview with a second manager. After my second interview, I got a call from the store manager asking me for my references. Later that day, he called me up and had told me I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer
    • How would you relate yourself to the body shop?   1 Answer
    • Which one of our values do you identify with the most?   Answer Question
    • Try to sell me a product from the store. (You were expected to sell products and do a demo on someone in the store.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was negotiable, depending on your previous position, I assume. Definitely know some of their products, and be familiar with their values.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for an interview.

Interview lasted 45 mins and was followed by a shop floor trial where you are asked to interact with customers.
    Wear all black for interview to make this go smoother.
    Was contacted 1 day later with job offer.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2018.

Interview

Very easy questions. First question asked was when I was available. Then was asked about why I wanted to work there and what I knew about the company and its products.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at the Body Shop?   1 Answer

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Received a call from the store manager for the interview, within the month. The interview, itself, was very standard and straightforward. Went through the basic retail questions you'd expect. Had me collect signatures for their anti animal-testing campaign for five minutes at the end of it.