The Body Shop Marketing Placement Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Marketing Placement Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

Marketing Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

One-way video interview online - Applied online early January and received an email inviting me to an interview offer two months later. Was extremely easy-going and lasted about 15 mins. Got 15 seconds between each question to think of an answer which was useful!

Interview Questions

• What did you find surprising about The Body Shop when researching the company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Marketing Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

A completely shambolic process. The interview and initial application process were fairly standard and the telephone interviewer was very kind. The assessment centre was one of the worst professional experiences I've ever had. Staff were rude and seemed to view you as if you were a waste of their time. You are given 3 days to prepare a 30min presentation and on arrival you will be asked to edit it for some new information. I presented mine to a woman who did not speak English and who was very rude, and didn't understand some of fairly basic the words I used such as 'revenue' and 'cash flow' - so I was not able to finish the presentation I had worked hard on as I had to explain my vocabulary to her. The maths test and group exercise were fairly standard but we were left waiting for 2 hours to hear the results of the first cut. When the hiring manager told us we had made it past the cut she told us she kept us waiting for extra time to 'build the suspense'. I then received another interview with the same woman, meaning I only saw one hiring manager for the entire day (whereas we were meant to see more than one so other managers can see what you are like and assess you). I was asked no competency based questions in my competency based interview, but rather very irrelevant questions not regarding the role (The most relevant question was that she asked me to recite some excel formulas off by heart). She cut our interview short as she had a meeting to attend and left me in an empty room to leave the building by myself. I am sure my experience was particularly negative but various other friends who have attended their assessment centre also noted on how unorganised it is. Current placement students also noted how unorganised it was, one citing that they had to do the job of a manager as theirs was absent for two months when they first joined the company. We were told we would hear back in a week wether we got it or not but its now been 3 weeks. I have yet to hear if I was successful but I would definitely think twice before accepting an offer!

Interview Questions