The Body Shop Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.4

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Group interview to start with working within small teams.
Then individual interviews scheduled for successful candidates. Also a short shop floor trail and a little customer-sale role play.
Interview was very informal, friendly atmosphere with general retail related questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Body Shop (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process was divided into two sections; a trial on the shop floor, followed by a formal interview. In the trial I was asked to assist on the shop floor as well as leave the store to approach potential customers, in the hope of luring them into the store. The interview consisted of various questions which tested my knowledge of the brand and my personal view of the company.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Gave CV in store and got a call a few weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. Interview was quite easy, I was asked the usual questions. The overall process was quite long as i wasn't contacted to say I was not offered the job, I just had to assume I wasn't successful.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whiteley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Whiteley, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and about 45 mins later got a call inviting me for an interview later the same week. I had to go in dressed in black for an interview, which went really well, the lady who was questioning me was really nice, and we ended up just chatting about makeup and animal testing. I then had to go out onto the floor and do a role play with the manager (who wasn't the person who interviewed me) and try to sell her the face mask that was most suited to what she wanted. The mask range was new and I got given very little information about them, which made it quite hard but I just had to roll with it. They then made me stand in the store greeting people, but I ended up neatening up the displays because I was so nervous and didn't know what to do with my hands. When the store became more quiet again, they said I could go and that they'd be in touch in the next few days. A few hours later, I received an email saying that I hadn't got the job.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Body Shop in March 2016.

Interview

The interview goes well, however, the manager says there currently are no position avilable, But she will manage it to see if i can work in another shop and she will ring me back next Monday. I was graceful then, but she never called back.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundrum, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Dundrum, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in November 2012.

Interview

I handled in the CV to the assistant manager and she booked me in for an interview straight away. The next day I was offered the job at the interview. It was the time before Christmas so they were in need of staff. I was asked to be on the Floor for a few hours to interact with customers and they would supervise.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Plymouth, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Relatively chill winning prizes in group interview. Times to easily shine in a group as well as an individual. Makes you feel very much at ease as well as getting a taste of what it would be like working there.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

I handed my CV in at the store and got a 1:1 interview the following week. There was a set of 10 simple questions such as why would you like to work here and tell us about some good customer service you have received etc, followed by going on to the shop floor for 15/20 minutes talking to customers.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly straight forward. It was a one to one interview where I would be asked several questions from about two sheets of paper. Then a shop floor assessment was conducted in order to see how I react with customers etc.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

First you have a shop floor trial. They check if you are communicative and friendly. They will give you a product that you ahve to recommend. Try to ask open questions and appoach every customer. Don't just stand, move around, smile and keep busy.
    Then if you're succesfull you will be invited for an interview. very simple questions,like whatare your strenghts or weaknesses, give an example when you had to motivate someone staff like that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

when it's a set salary