The Body Shop Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Boston, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Watching videos about the values of the company. Basic training by shadowing other employees. I was also instructed to read employee handbook and was schooled about all the products within the store and was able to practice sales pitching with other employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that exhibited this type of body language vs how would you handle a customer that exhibited this type of body language?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY).

Interview

We met in the lobby of West Farms Mall and spoke freely about my experience and why I wanted to work for the company. We spoke about my 5 yr plan.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a situation with an angry customer?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Very easy interview- they ask your sales background, what other stores you have worked at, and if you are familiar with the products. Since they offer training and it is not a commission based job, they are looking for friendly, neat, and generally outgoing people to work.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know about their humanitarian aspect of the company. The Body Shop likes to differentiate themselves from their competitors by emphasizing their organic products   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

It takes them a very long time to review your application before the interview, almost a month. The interview questions were mostly sale related. It is all about selling the products.

Interview Questions

• If a customer answers no after you offered help, what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they were no negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Took 5 days to get hired. Applied online, went in, interview was outside on a mall bench, interview was quick, manager was nice and genuinely interested in what I had to say rather than judgmental, not too many questions, no pressure at all, was hired the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Everett, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was almost an hour long and all the questions were focused on general questions of what would you do? How did you handle it in your last job? Etc...

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Went in and was told help was needed. Went back when DM was in for my interview. Asked typical retail questions in the back of the store, "what would you do if..." questions. Then went to the front of the store for a hands on demo interview. Also had to submit an application online even though I was told I would be hired.

Interview Questions

• Not a question, but for the interview I did not expect to have to demo the company's products on my interviewer. I was unfamiliar with them so it wasn't easy, but I got the job!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Ridgeland, MS) in October 2011.

Interview

I had two interviews and after my second interview I got the job. They told me that compensation was $7.50 a hour with no commission. After working for a while I realized that I was working more than others and at longer hours while other sales associates who made more than me were doing less work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating but please do because if you don't you are going to be working for free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Boston, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Submitted application online, got a phone call to interview at the store. Sat down in the food court of the mall and proceeded with interview. Manager was rather rude and snippy.

Interview Questions

• What would you say when a customer walks into the Body Shop?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online a few months ago, and received a '"we aren't interested in you" passive aggressive e-mail soon after. Went to The Loop location to possibly apply in person, and employees were abrasive.