The Body Shop Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Sales Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.8

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainsborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Gainsborough, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Was asked general questions about working in retail and how to deal with difficult customers and working in a team etc. but also asked about beauty regime and why I would like to work for the company. Also had to do a role play on the shop floor with another employee and a real customer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop in October 2015.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview. We were asked a few questions and had to carry out a few tasks like trying to sell a product and hand massages! I was then invited to a shop floor trial, this was to show what I was like with customers and in the work environment, later a 1 to 1 interview. Then same day I got the offer!

Interview Questions

• Whats your name and why do you want to work for the body shop. (Quite a self explanatory question. Make sure you mention that they are animal cruelty free!)   Answer Question
    • This wasn't really a question, but we had to get into pairs and read up a sheet about a product, we then had to try and sell it in front of the rest of the interview people.   Answer Question
    • We had to choose one product that was our favourite in the store. The question that followed was "Why did you choose this product, and why is it your favourite"   Answer Question
    • Tell one truth and one Lie about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Liverpool, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The process took about a month. I applied online and after 1 week was phoned by the store manager and asked about my availability. Another week later, I was invited down to the store for a trial. I was simply asked to wear black and arrive at a certain time.

When I arrived, I was greeted by the store manager, she was really friendly and made me feel at ease. I was then lead to the staff room where I put my things in a locker. There was no interview, no introduction from myself, and no getting to know me as an individual - this surprised me.

On the shop floor, she briefly went through where everything was and gave me a product that I had to go outside and 'lease line' - aka I had to pound on people walking past the store asking them to try their new cream. This was embarrassing and it felt like a punishment (plus it was freezing).

I was then asked to go inside and help customers, which I felt confident doing as all of my past employment involved customer service.

The other sales staff were really friendly and helpful.

I was probably there for 25 mins.

Personally, I felt that without an interview, and after being told that they had loads of people coming in for trials, I felt like I didn't get much of a chance to 'show off' my skills. Putting me outside the store, after just meeting me, just made me nervous - and I'm a pretty confident person.

I received a call two weeks later saying that I had been unsuccessful, which I was glad of, as the other sales staff told me that they had to meet targets - I don't really want to work in an environment where the staff's hidden motivation is to make the customer buy more and more and more.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, about 2 weeks later I received a call from the manage asking me to come in for an interview, when I got there I was asked to do a shop floor trial to see how I interacted with customers and then I had a 1:1 interview with the manager, I got a call a few days later saying I got the job. Overall it was quite a good experience and I enjoyed working there

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?
      How do you keep up with beauty trends?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Hull, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very speedy, I applied online and received a call asking if I was available for a telephone interview, I was then invited into store the next day for a one to one interview and a shop floor assessment. I have been told that I will find out if I got the job or not within the next couple of days. The shop floor assessment was a really fun and engaging, which surprised me as I was initially really nervous. I approached customers and offered them help such as finding specific products and price checking sale items and talked about some current promotions. The staff were lovely and the store manager that interviewed me was so friendly and supportive, the questions were mixed with general conversation which really eased my nerves and made me feel more comfortable. Hope I get the job, I also hope that the questions I have listed below help other applicants, good luck :)

- Also dress in all black smart attire!

Interview Questions

• Tell me in three words what team work means to you and why it is important?   1 Answer
    • What is one of your favourite beauty products and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were dealing with a difficult customer, what happened and how did you resolve the situation?   1 Answer
    • What do you hope to gain from your time at The Body Shop if you are a successful applicant?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about The Body Shop? What do you know about our ethics?   1 Answer