The Body Shop Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Body Shop Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Body Shop in November 2013.

Interview

Applied in September. Got a call in November had a group interview. Was offered the job. I went to training and then never got a call back to actually work at the store. They kept giving me the run around.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Was quick and easy. Manager did not ask any challenging questions but only asked routine interview questions. I was in and out of the interview within 10 minutes including interruptions.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing your previous colleagues would say about you?   1 Answer

Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Bridgewater, NJ).

Interview

They were hiring for holiday help, so I applied online and got a call within a couple of days. I set up an interview over the phone with the store manager for the next day. When I went in for the interview, I spent a few moments browsing the store and its products before the manager took me outside the store to another spot in the mall to conduct the interview. She asked me mostly about my past experience in retail and what my availability was before offering me the seasonal job.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langley, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Langley, BC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

The process was quick and simple. The questions were mostly regarding fit. Not much previous employment experience was required. The interviewer was friendly. Although the job was for a seasonal position, the interviewer made it clear that some employees will be requested to stay on a full-time capacity.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Peterborough, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They had walk in interviews and I stepped in and got asked a few questions and then brought back my resume later in the day when I had it. They called we a few days later and I got a time for an interview a week later. Than, I show up and it’s the wrong time. They told me they would likely reschedule and then I heard nothing back.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Group interview in the stockroom. Was asked basic retail questions. Group tasks to demonstrate selling skills ( how you would present a product to a customer). Many of the other people there had never had a job before.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop in November 2016.

Interview

It's a group interview including 8 candidates and there are 4 parts of the interview.
    1) Chose a product from the store and paired up with one of the candidates.
    2) Introduced myself to my partner and explained why I chose this product.
    3) Splitted into 2 groups of 4 and made a commercial about the Body Shop.
    4) Ended with a 5 mins 1 on 1 interview with the manager.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parramatta (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Parramatta (Australia)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was invited to a group interview (of about 10 people), where our first activity was to get to know the person next to us, and introduce them to the group. Then, we were allocated a product from the shop, and were told to sell the product the group. After, we were split into small groups and had to brainstorm what we thought a good salesperson entailed, and then present these ideas to the group. Last, we had to choose one word that would best describe us and why.

Interview Questions

• What's one word that would best describe you and how would this contribute to us and the busy season of Christmas?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Brighton, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application online and was rung the following day by the store manager, inviting me in for an interview.

The interview itself was extremely easy, and the manager essentially was asking me things that were already stated on my CV, aside from the odd 'what would you do in this scenario' question. However, there was a notable look of surprise that, when asked about my previous experience, I answered that I had none.

After this very brief and somewhat informal interview I was told I needed to do a shop floor trial - which basically consisted of me being placed on the shop floor attempting to engage with customers with very little direction or guidance, and without any real knowledge of the store layout or products. This was compounded by the fact I was not wearing any uniform and so just looked like a customer.

My shop floor trial was, however, cut short after 5 minutes, which I thought seemed very odd. I was then told by the manager she would be in touch by the end of the following week.

Three weeks down the line, I had still heard nothing and so decided to ring up, being told by the manager she had been on holiday and was going to ring me that very afternoon (what a coincidence). I was rung back about an hour later by a different employee who informed me I had been unsuccessful and they had already filled the position(s), this being due to my lack of experience.

Now I can understand if they did not want to hire me due to my experience, and it's fair enough because I didn't have any, but this was clearly stated on my CV when I first submitted my application, and so I think it was completely unacceptable if that was their reservation for them to have called me in for an interview, and then gone on to keep me twiddling my thumbs for a further three weeks, wondering if they were going to call me back or not.

As much as everyone within that store seemed like nice people, I feel very badly treated and let down by a company which preaches such good ethics and values.

A word to the wise: don't bother applying to The Body Shop if you have no previous retail experience and save yourself some valuable time and effort.