The Body Shop Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Store Manager

The Body Shop Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at The Body Shop

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

2 District Managers (the one you will work for and another 'peer' DM) and Regional Manager (usually over phone due to RM schedule). Usually begins with them asking you to introduce yourself. Refrain from anything like saying your age, race, children, ethnicity. Keep it strictly business. What have you accomplished? Where you have worked and past positions. They will introduce themselves and then ask you a series of position related questions. Keep answers short and sweet using "SBO" format. Situation, Behavior, Outcome. Be yourself, personality goes ALONG way and can save you in some slight situations. and if face to face, have professional image with full face makeup on. GOOD LUCK!

Interview Questions

• If given this position, what is your 30 day plan to turn around deficit??   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. They low ball you and give you that amount of nothing else.

Other Interview Reviews for The Body Shop

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

For the store manager position, the candidate must go through a number of interviews including 2-3 phone interviews and one face-to-face. Usually, these interviewees include two present store managers from other locations, the district manager and the regional manager. Questions are geared to identify your passions and whether or not they would be fit for the company. The online application 'test' reveals your strengths and weaknesses and the interviewee uses those to customize your interview. Pay close attention to the values that the company upholds such as community fair trade, against animal testing, promote self-esteem, naturally derived, and protect the planet - use these passions and elaborate/discuss how they apply to you in your life.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough experience that you've had with an associate? What happened and what was the outcome? How did you prevent it from happening again?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

It was lengthy. Over the phone then a test online then in person. It really felt like it took forever.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told you no neg.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

I started the online process and did the assessments a couple days later. Within 3 minutes of submission, I received an email from the recruiter and set up an interview. The interview went great and he pushed me through to the next step, with DM. Interview went well. I was notified a week later that the position had been filled via email. All in all it took about a week.

Interview Questions

• All pretty standard questions for any job. I was asked more questions by recruiting dept. you need to know the company and products and know what their values are and talk about how you live them.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

I was approached by a recruiter. Applied online, got two phone interviews one with a dm and one with hr. Then one with the DM in person. I thought that was it but then there was another one with another senior hr person. I got the job took five weeks and didn't negotiate they had a good plan. Found out after I got hired they dont do increases and left.

Interview Questions

• Which of the values do you relate to? Why body shop, a lot were performance related. How you specifically achieve goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Ask about the turnover because it's super high with this company, then go from there. They need people so they may give you more.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

Applied through the careers section of their website, which included an assessment test. I was contacted by the District Manager about a week later and had a phone interview. She then set me up for an interview with a dm from another district and then with the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you coach an underperforming member of the management team.   Answer Question

There are not very many options for development to the next level within the company.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop in July 2009.

Interview

single face to face 3 follow up phone intervews

Interview Questions

• If awarded this position what will your first purchase be outside the company   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Body Shop.

Interview

The best word to describe their recruitment process would be messy...
     I applied twice , first got through to offer which I rejected, once declined at telephone stage with different hiring manager (within few months they have already changed recruitment team) as was pressured to attend interview at short notice "if I can't attend now they will give the job to someone else". No respectable manager will be able to drop their current job and attend interview at short notice.

At the interview day I was most knowledgeable about products from candidates (I use and love the brand) and was successful but was offered a step down job as was told someone internal will be offered the one I interviewed for ( I appreciate honesty) and I can have their job but it's unofficial information.

Both experiences left me put off the brand. You are going in the wrong direction definitely.
    In my local store which used to be my fave.. new staff were recruited.. a year in and they still don't know the product.. or even greet the customer

Take a step back and evaluate what you want as a brand

Interview Questions

• Standards competency based interview. The group interview is standard managers interview, group exercises where you are also judged on how you interact with the group and overcome obstacles together.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Body Shop (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Held with regional manager and member of Hr. Was a thorough interview and they asked about my relevant experience and some competency questions. I then had to do a trial in store to show how I behaved on the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked tlme to prepare a sales plan   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Body Shop (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

Very thorough. The people who interviewed me were really nice! They were also very informative about the company and seemed to be very honest about the challenges & opportunities.