The Brattle Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brattle Group Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two quick phone interviews, 1 case interview
    Very low-stress interviews - just talk to RAs who currently work there. In general, just be confident about your past work and be prepared to be able to answer the questions of what economic consulting is and why you think you would be a great fit for that industry. They are rapidly expanding and have fewer applicants than expected, so your odds are good.

Interview Questions

• Describe your internships?
      How well do you use R or Stata?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and heard back with a request for a video interview about 2 months later. First round was a skype interview, mostly behavioral questions. Second round was in person visit with multiple one-on-one interviews as well as a case interview. I heard back a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a quantitative project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and through their website. About over a month later, I heard back from them, requesting for video interviews. I then got invited to the second round within the following week. I heard back from them within a week after the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick application process although cover letter is required. They generally invite people over for second round, but I did not make it. I think early applications are preferred. Not very technical, more of a personality interview. They ask you to submit all your documents online and to install an annoying Skype like software.

Interview Questions

• First round, very general. Simply describe past research experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus first round interview, and was invited to on site Super day. Had 5 in person interviews + lunch with 2 RAs. Mostly behavior questions, and question related to your research paper. They really want to find someone who is passionate in doing research, because most of their daily work is to conduct data analysis and writing reports. Interviewers include RAs, Associates, and PHD. A case study was also conducted as part of the interview. Very different from regular Management consulting cases, but not need to prepare in advance.

Interview Questions

• Basically behavior questions, and question related to your research paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

First round on-campus interview was purely behavioral in which interviewers primarily wanted to see how well you know what economic consulting is and how passionate you are about research. Some questions about research projects were asked. Other standard behavioral. The second round consisted of 5 interviews (including an hour long case component) and was onsite in D.C.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a first round interview from my career services. 1st round was only only 30 minutes, very relaxed and behavioral. Just asked about my interests in economic consulting, why brattle, etc. It was very laid back and I thought I did well but did not get past the first round. There are 2 rounds total.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes, on campus. One interviewer was a Research Analyst and one was a Senior Associate. It was mostly behavioral and fit questions. They really drilled down on my quantitative experience, so be prepared with examples from school and work. I would describe the experience as neutral to negative. One of the interviewers had a heavy accent and was hard to understand, and they were looking through my resume and transcript as I was talking, so they could have been a bit more prepared.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group in September 2015.

Interview

On campus interview and then in office interview. People are extremely nice. Make sure you are really familiar and can talk about your past research projects. Case is typical econ consulting case. Make sure you can explain logic and not get flustered.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

On-campus interview with members of HR team. About 45 min-mostly behavoiral. Then all-day interview at the office you're interviewing for with RAs, Associates, and a Principal. A guided case interview with an Associate lasted about an hour. They did a good job of not making you nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a quantitative project you worked on? How did you validate assumptions and/or data?   Answer Question