The Brattle Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brattle Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Hartford, CT).

Interview

First interview was with alumni from the school. Pretty laid back interview and very casual. They asked about my interests and my background in data analysis. Interview was not technical at all; it was more behavioral.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

1st round interview: on campus recruiting. Behavioral questions with two people, no case.
    2nd round interview: in my 1st choice office, 1 economic consulting case, a handful of fit/behavioral interviews with a good spread of people across different levels of the firm.
    Took a couple weeks between the interviews and another couple weeks for the offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a quantitatively challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question

Summer Research Analyst (Washington DC) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in February 2016.

Interview

First round interview over Video with the Campus Recruiter from the DC Office discussing past experiences and academic interests. Received an email three weeks later to interview with three consultants from Brattle for 30 minutes each over video again. Received email two weeks later that I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Past experiences dealing with data, questions about econometric projects and experiences in a team setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two quick phone interviews, 1 case interview
    Very low-stress interviews - just talk to RAs who currently work there. In general, just be confident about your past work and be prepared to be able to answer the questions of what economic consulting is and why you think you would be a great fit for that industry. They are rapidly expanding and have fewer applicants than expected, so your odds are good.

Interview Questions

• Describe your internships?
      How well do you use R or Stata?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and heard back with a request for a video interview about 2 months later. First round was a skype interview, mostly behavioral questions. Second round was in person visit with multiple one-on-one interviews as well as a case interview. I heard back a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a quantitative project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and through their website. About over a month later, I heard back from them, requesting for video interviews. I then got invited to the second round within the following week. I heard back from them within a week after the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick application process although cover letter is required. They generally invite people over for second round, but I did not make it. I think early applications are preferred. Not very technical, more of a personality interview. They ask you to submit all your documents online and to install an annoying Skype like software.

Interview Questions

• First round, very general. Simply describe past research experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus first round interview, and was invited to on site Super day. Had 5 in person interviews + lunch with 2 RAs. Mostly behavior questions, and question related to your research paper. They really want to find someone who is passionate in doing research, because most of their daily work is to conduct data analysis and writing reports. Interviewers include RAs, Associates, and PHD. A case study was also conducted as part of the interview. Very different from regular Management consulting cases, but not need to prepare in advance.

Interview Questions

• Basically behavior questions, and question related to your research paper.   Answer Question

Economic Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

First round interview- All behavioral questions, with lots of questions about a data oriented/economics project you had worked on.

Final round- 4 sets of interviews, 1 focuses extensively on the project you worked on, 1 is a case interview and the remaining 2 are mostly behavioral and more conversational. There is also a lunch period where you will have lunch with two of the economists, and this is mostly conversational.

Interview Questions

• Describe the project you did for your data mining course in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

First round on-campus interview was purely behavioral in which interviewers primarily wanted to see how well you know what economic consulting is and how passionate you are about research. Some questions about research projects were asked. Other standard behavioral. The second round consisted of 5 interviews (including an hour long case component) and was onsite in D.C.