The Brattle Group Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brattle Group Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick application process although cover letter is required. They generally invite people over for second round, but I did not make it. I think early applications are preferred. Not very technical, more of a personality interview. They ask you to submit all your documents online and to install an annoying Skype like software.

Interview Questions

• First round, very general. Simply describe past research experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

On campus first round interview, and was invited to on site Super day. Had 5 in person interviews + lunch with 2 RAs. Mostly behavior questions, and question related to your research paper. They really want to find someone who is passionate in doing research, because most of their daily work is to conduct data analysis and writing reports. Interviewers include RAs, Associates, and PHD. A case study was also conducted as part of the interview. Very different from regular Management consulting cases, but not need to prepare in advance.

Interview Questions

• Basically behavior questions, and question related to your research paper.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

First round on-campus interview was purely behavioral in which interviewers primarily wanted to see how well you know what economic consulting is and how passionate you are about research. Some questions about research projects were asked. Other standard behavioral. The second round consisted of 5 interviews (including an hour long case component) and was onsite in D.C.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got a first round interview from my career services. 1st round was only only 30 minutes, very relaxed and behavioral. Just asked about my interests in economic consulting, why brattle, etc. It was very laid back and I thought I did well but did not get past the first round. There are 2 rounds total.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Brattle Group in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes, on campus. One interviewer was a Research Analyst and one was a Senior Associate. It was mostly behavioral and fit questions. They really drilled down on my quantitative experience, so be prepared with examples from school and work. I would describe the experience as neutral to negative. One of the interviewers had a heavy accent and was hard to understand, and they were looking through my resume and transcript as I was talking, so they could have been a bit more prepared.

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

On-campus interview with members of HR team. About 45 min-mostly behavoiral. Then all-day interview at the office you're interviewing for with RAs, Associates, and a Principal. A guided case interview with an Associate lasted about an hour. They did a good job of not making you nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a quantitative project you worked on? How did you validate assumptions and/or data?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

First-round interview was via conference call and seemed fairly routine. They asked usual questions about why interested in the Brattle Group, previous research experience, behavioral work questions, etc. Interviewer seemed to be going off a list of questions, and the interview did not seem specifically tailored to what I had on my resume. Had to repeat some of my experiences for this reason. Interview lasted about twenty minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Can you explain to me a time when you had to fix something in your research?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

First round was on campus - standard behavioral questions. Next round on site - more questions about quantitative research experience, plus a case interview. Overall, the interview process was pretty standard. Nothing super surprising or unexpected.

Interview Questions

• What are the best and worst work environments you've been in? Why?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

I connected on LinkedIn and had a phone call with one director and got the referral from him. Then after 2 weeks, I got an interview email and arrange a Skype interview next week. The interview process is normal and not really hard. Basically just asking several behavior questions and go through my resume.

Interview Questions

• What's your most quantitative experience? Why you choose your current school? Based on what? Research Skills? Leadership skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

phone interview and then 2nd round in-office, DC. 6 interviews total for the day, 3 with younger people at the firm (including lunch with 2 RAs) and 2 with more senior people. The younger interviewers were extremely nice and personable but the old dudes were 1. pushing hard and being pretty rude, including interrupting me in the middle of answers and 2. uninterested. They scrutinize your transcript during interviews, which is something I feel like could have been done earlier, since we have to submit transcripts with our initial resume

Interview Questions

• Detailed questions on undergraduate research (know the methodology/interpretation of results REALLY well), Case isn't something you can prepare for   Answer Question