The Brattle Group Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

The Brattle Group Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Skype interview for the first round. Basic questions about data analysis. Felt more like a conversation and less like an interview. Second round in office in Cambridge. Everyone was super friendly. Case study was a little tricky but as long as you think out load and reason thinks through you will do well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Brattle Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I really loved this company--the people are so friendly and really seem to love their work. Out of all the similar firms I applied to, this one really struck me as actually having a great culture (they all say that, but the people here actually talk about their coworkers as their friends and their demanding work as fun). The interview was maybe 30 min with two people from Brattle. It was just a nice conversation about my experiences doing research, working on teams, my interests, etc. They took a long time to get back to me compared to other people I knew who applied, so I was kinda bummed out/surprised when I finally heard that I wasn't getting another interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my research, experience working on teams, dealing with data   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and was chosen for an on-campus interview with two recent alumni. They asked behavioral questions focusing on teamwork experiences. They also asked about a data project I worked on during my summer internship. After that they took two weeks to invite me to the Cambridge office for a super day. At the super day I met with an RA, two Associates, and a Managing Principal. There was one hour long case as well. All the other interviews focused on my summer internship experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Super friendly! Very comfortable interview. Two interviewers were talking about their experience while also asking me about my personal information from my resume. They took careful note of everything on the resume and asked about my major experiences listed there. Make sure that you can talk about each part of your resume! Study it and make sure you can talk about how each thing relates to your job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (UC Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university career portal and had on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes only. Mostly behavioral questions and resume review. There were two interviewers. They were both research analysts.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most quantitative project you have done.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at The Brattle Group.

Interview

1st round interview: on campus recruiting. Behavioral questions with two people, no case.
    2nd round interview: in my 1st choice office, 1 economic consulting case, a handful of fit/behavioral interviews with a good spread of people across different levels of the firm.
    Took a couple weeks between the interviews and another couple weeks for the offer.

Interview Questions

• What's a quantitatively challenging project you worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Two quick phone interviews, 1 case interview
    Very low-stress interviews - just talk to RAs who currently work there. In general, just be confident about your past work and be prepared to be able to answer the questions of what economic consulting is and why you think you would be a great fit for that industry. They are rapidly expanding and have fewer applicants than expected, so your odds are good.

Interview Questions

• Describe your internships?
      How well do you use R or Stata?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and heard back with a request for a video interview about 2 months later. First round was a skype interview, mostly behavioral questions. Second round was in person visit with multiple one-on-one interviews as well as a case interview. I heard back a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a quantitative project you have worked on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school and through their website. About over a month later, I heard back from them, requesting for video interviews. I then got invited to the second round within the following week. I heard back from them within a week after the second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Brattle Group (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Quick application process although cover letter is required. They generally invite people over for second round, but I did not make it. I think early applications are preferred. Not very technical, more of a personality interview. They ask you to submit all your documents online and to install an annoying Skype like software.

Interview Questions

• First round, very general. Simply describe past research experiences.   Answer Question