The Bridgespan Group Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Bridgespan Group

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial screening was followed by two phone interviews, then an in-person office visit consisting of two case studies and one fit interview. As far as I know, the case studies were fairly standard, drawing on previous experience of the firm. This was my first time interviewing for a consulting job and thus I was initially intimidated, but interviewers were friendly, articulate, and helpful. I had positive interactions with everyone who evaluated me, and although I did not get the job, I enjoyed my conversations and case studies. As far as I can tell, they're pretty keen on having prior consulting experience, so that they know you can be put in front of a client on day one.

Interview Questions

• At the end of one case study requiring a recommendation between two options, the interviewer informed me that the the client was set on the option I had not recommended, and I was asked how I would handle that situation.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Bridgespan Group

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Good process - easily contacated and - HR department runs smoothly - Not a long period - nice experience. Easily identifyed if as an applicant I had the qualifications needed to do the job for which the company is hiring

Interview Questions

• What can you provide to the institution?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

First round phone interview was two one hour cases. The interviewers were quite nice and professional but not much behavioral questions - they moved quickly into the cases. Overall, I really appreciated the professionalism but tough to find good practice cases. They have one or two on their website, which are helpful but not enough. Traditional cases are different enough to where they can only go so far.

Interview Questions

• Two cases were not extremely difficult individually (no difficult math or market sizing) but it was a steady stream of "how would you go about finding/prioritizing this or that"   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group in February 2014.

Interview

Initial 2 phone interviews, both cases, with a few additional resume questions. The cases were surprisingly simplistic - I had figured the example case on their website was a simplified version, but in fact all of their cases are extremely simple.

Of course, knowing the detail of a case is not necessarily helpful, but here were some: A case involving a foundation with very ambitious goals seeking advice on how to expand into a national campaign. A second case involving a company (essentially) wikipedia planning which countries to expand into. Language cross-overs between countries was a factor in the decision.

Overall, the cases force you to try not to think or actively engage in the question as if it were a real question (the real complexity and externalities of the questions are far more interesting than the story they are trying to walk you through). Instead, demonstrate that you can listen carefully and catch the "hint(s)" that the interview drops as part of the choose-your-own-adventure business story. Also, your demeanor with the interviewer is assessed in terms of your ability to listen, frame a sensible response that sounds confident, etc...

In both cases, the math was absurdly simple and easy.

As others have mentioned, they call you to talk you through rejecting your application, which necessarily involves an awkward conversation that they don't really want to be having anyway. I guess they're trying to prove that they're a nice company, but it's basically just patronizing.

Interview Questions

• One case ended with a question related to confronting a CEO who didn't take recommendation and how to respond to that. I'm pretty sure I bombed this and that the ideal response related in some way to a hint that I missed in the case.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

First interview: Case interview given over the phone. Straightforward case with simple quantitative elements. Focus on integration of qualitative setup and quantitative evidence to drive conclusions.

Second (final) interview: Three in-person interviews. 2 Case, 1 "fit". One case was straightforward consulting case. Second case was more free-form. Don't be thrown off by free-form - stick to consulting rigor and organization. Overall vibe was friendly and relaxed but don't get too relaxed. Remember that they almost all come from for-profit consulting backgrounds and are looking for polish. Stay sharp.

Interview went very well but I did not get an offer in the end. Competition is very high.

Interview Questions

• Fit question about your background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

Case-style interview x 2. Back to back - both senior-level employees. Study case!!! Not much time for behavioral questions. It seems that they use case to weed out applicants. Math portion was reasonable, but they do test for a strong gasp of strategic frameworks.

Interview Questions

• Market entry for a foundation that uses network effects to spread its mission.   Answer Question
    • Expansion strategy for human-capital NGO that partners with underperforming grade schools in order to improve learning quality and graduation rate.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Bridgespan Group in November 2011.

Interview

2 different interviews, both were one hour long and all case. The first one asked to do calculations without a calculator. When they called and left a message I was excited. But then they called back and told me I wasn't moving forward with the interview process. I think it would have been nicer if they had emailed...