The Buckle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.2

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Orland Park, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I arrived a 1/2 hr early, the person who was to be interviewed before me didn't show so she interviewed me early. She said THEY weren't looking for a visual person, even though that is what was advertised and what I applied for. She said another store may be looking for a visual merchandiser. She gave me options for other stores and said she'd get back to me the beginning of February.

Interview Questions

• Tell her of one of my accomplishments in the past 5 years.   1 Answer

Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email saying to call to schedule interview. When I arrived for the interview, they questioned if I had to correct date. (Seems they are disorganized) She began to ask me to wait and look around while she head to the back. Afterwards, we interviewed in the back (standing). Finally she informed me I would receive an answer within 24 hours. I didn't get the job, although I thought I did fantastic job...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, Tell us about yourself, Name some brands, How are you up to date about fashion ( A lot of questions about fashion related questions ).   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Columbia, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was easy. Just asked common questions about work history and of course they why do you want to work at buckle. I passed the interview process and was offered a position. At the time I lived two hours away and they worked with me on start date. This is where it becomes a complete joke. I was never going for assistant manager but was a sales floor person. The offer pay was hilarious... $7. I rejected that after HR emailed me 5 times.. I asked for $15 and they said I could reach that by selling their outrageously priced clothes with their 3% commission scale. STAY AWAY!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview took place on the sales floor around other employees and customers with loud music playing right across from us! It was extremely distracting and quite irritating. Would have never thought that would happen....................

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Buckle (Bakersfield, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a basic interview. The questions were neither too difficult nor too simple. It was definitely a more loosely conducted interview as it was done on the sales floor. The questions were your basic interview questions. Overall, business casual or dress with items from the store.

Seamstress/Tailor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (New York, NY).

Interview

They interview anyone that applies on the sales floor.....a 6th grader could conduct this interview...tacky. It is inconsiderate to waste people's time....who interviews EVERYONE! I am extremely well educated and the CEO that has this idea should be fired

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this opening   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Buckle (Tyler, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Horrible. I was asked questions straight off the paper non-related to my experience. I was offered a second interview, but during the second interview I was asked if I would work part time as an sales associate. Really? I applied for full time management. Why did they even say they were hiring for full time manager in training position then offer me a part time sales associate position? This was ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• I see applied for management in training. Would you be willing to start part time as an sales associates making base pay plus commission?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Buckle in November 2016.

Interview

I met with the Store Manager for a first interview, she seemed unprepared because she made me wait for a long time after I got to the store, she wasn't familiar with my work background or education, the interview was conducted on the sales floor which seemed very odd, it was like a speed dating interview and that she was just going through the process because she had so many interviews to do.

Part Time Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Buckle in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and got a response asap. Had my interview on the sales a few days later, and went pretty good. The manager was pretty nice and kinda intimidating. They acted like it was a prestigious job I was applying for. He also made it seem like I was going to get the job, and then called and rejected me 1am a few days later.

Sales and Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Buckle (Aurora, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Basic interview you would expect about strengths and weaknesses. I was asked about prior management styles I was exposed to and what I thought was successful/unproductive. Just some advice: when you go for the interview they tell you to dress how you would if you were already working there and when you get there they wait a little while to interview you, so you're left to wander the store for a little.

Interview Questions

• What are 5 qualities you think an effective manager has?   Answer Question